Copy & Past crash

CoachLeaders

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am having a problem with the copy and past function. when you select text in any application then copy it causes the app to crash. So now I have no capy and past function at all. I reset to factory default and it fixed the problem then about 2 days latter it happened again. It may have started when copying from chrome.

Has anyone else had this problem and do you know of any solutions, I really need this function.

Thanks

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If you think it's Chrome, you could try going into Settings/Apps and find Chrome and choose Clear Cache and Clear Data. If that doesn't fix it, then try uninstalling Chrome.

If that doesn't fix it, factory reset and then don't install Chrome again.

Personally, I tried using Chrome. But, the first site I hit that required Flash forced me to switch to another browser, at which point I could see no reason to go back to Chrome.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use Dolphin on my phone and my previous tablet. But, I wanted to really get to know my Note, so I started off with sticking with the stock browser and so far have been perfectly happy with it.

Kimnaii

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not just with chrome. I have the galaxy note 10.1 and the copy past crash happens in all apps that I'm using. It is getting so frustrating. I've been looking around for some answer but nothing. If anyone has got a clue as to why this is happening please posted back ;-)

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time for everything and have never had it crash . I would suggest removing a 3rd party keyboard apps, then shutdown and power on , if that doesn't work make sure what you copy are words and not wired objects or crazy things that not all apps understand

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue on my SG3 but no problems on my 10.1.
The main difference between the two is that I use swiftkey on my phone and not on my tab. I haven't had a chance to switch back to the stock keyboard on my phone to see if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue on my SG3 but no problems on my 10.1.
The main difference between the two is that I use swiftkey on my phone and not on my tab. I haven't had a chance to switch back to the stock keyboard on my phone to see if that fixes the problem.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Wow..... I'm having the same issue w/my gs3. Copy n paste crashes.....every time I try to use it. I'm also using swiftkey.
My question about the N10.1 is: does it have led notifications?

sent from my GSIII from AC Forums

flippedout

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The only way to solve this is to root your device (use the exploit app), then using Root Explorer delete eveything in the data/clipboard folder. If you don't like being rooted you can then go back into the exploit app and unroot the device. Takes less than 5 minutes and works like a charm. I do wish Samsung would fix this issue.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

geo34

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you all download File Manager HD (free) from Play Store . It can copy anything from anywhere and paste it wherever you want .