How to play MKV files on this?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's possible to be able to copy MKV files to play on the 10.1? MX player should be able to play these files with no problem, however getting them on the tablet itself is..Whenever I try to copy them over from my PC, windows explorer crashes..but it works fine on every other type of movie file I copy over.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I copy mkv files all the time over to my Transformer Prime and my SGS2 no problem. Mx player is good for most. Dice player is good too.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was able to figure it out. For some reason I need to zip up the MVK files, transfer them to my tablet, then extract them using a file manager in order for me to watch them. Do you guys have to do anything like this or can you just drag/drop them?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was able to figure it out. For some reason I need to zip up the MVK files, transfer them to my tablet, then extract them using a file manager in order for me to watch them. Do you guys have to do anything like this or can you just drag/drop them?

I just drag and drop. Works just like a usb drive.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm able to drag every other file and they work fine. But not with MKV for some reason. It's probably an issue with my computer...oh well at least I figured out a solution.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm able to drag every other file and they work fine. But not with MKV for some reason. It's probably an issue with my computer...oh well at least I figured out a solution.

Is it just because the file is so big and it stalls? Or do you get an error?

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Windows explorer just crashes immediately. From what I've read it has something to do with DivX codec that I have installed on my computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows explorer just crashes immediately. From what I've read it has something to do with DivX codec that I have installed on my computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

That definitely sounds odd. Try renaming the file then copying it. If it works then it's your desktop. Or try a different computer to see if you get the same issue.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you all know how to transfer large .mkv files (5gb+) over to the micro sd card and successfully run on the note? Theyre HD movie files im wanting to transfer over.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you all know how to transfer large .mkv files (5gb+) over to the micro sd card and successfully run on the note? Theyre HD movie files im wanting to transfer over.

Plug the phone in to your computer. Copy the files over then play using MX player or Dice player.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Plug the phone in to your computer. Copy the files over then play using MX player or Dice player.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

badbrad,
are you referring to the android file transfer program that you have to install (for mac users)? If so then it for some reason wont recognize my device after i plugged it in and after i rebooted my mac. Plus it only allows a maximum of 4gb files to be transferred.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
badbrad,
are you referring to the android file transfer program that you have to install (for mac users)? If so then it for some reason wont recognize my device after i plugged it in and after i rebooted my mac. Plus it only allows a maximum of 4gb files to be transferred.

Ah. The Mac. Not as easy as expected. Sorry I can't help you there. I use a PC. I just plug it in and it works like a usb stick. The folders come up and you copy the file into the folder of your choice.

Have you tried Googling for answers?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ah. The Mac. Not as easy as expected. Sorry I can't help you there. I use a PC. I just plug it in and it works like a usb stick. The folders come up and you copy the file into the folder of your choice.

Have you tried Googling for answers?

with the Mac, you just download and install the program and it should run the same as with the PC. Once i figure that out, are you able to transfer files larger than 4gb?

thanks

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
with the Mac, you just download and install the program and it should run the same as with the PC. Once i figure that out, are you able to transfer files larger than 4gb?

thanks

Yes I can copy any size file with trouble.

BBL2R

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I formatted my SD Card to exFAT. Copied some HD movie files into it. Had MX Player + AMR7 Code installed but the MKV file played on my Tablet has no audio. Try MoboPlayer and the result still the same. QQPlayer seem to work but comes with a consequence of no fast-forward.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I see a robot necro'd this thread but heads up to the guy with .mkv crashing.... MX Player says it can play back from uncomoressed .rar with no performance hit supposedly. So copy the videos to uncompressed archive on a Radeon RAMdisk or something, then *move* the copies onto your tablet. You shouldn't need to waste a billion hours extracting them again if the MX devs are telling the truth. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish