1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Default How to play MKV files on this?

I'm wondering if it's possible to be able to copy MKV files to play on the 10.1? MX player should be able to play these files with no problem, however getting them on the tablet itself is..Whenever I try to copy them over from my PC, windows explorer crashes..but it works fine on every other type of movie file I copy over.

Default Re: How to play MKV files on this?

I am able to copy and paste mkv files from my computer to the Note with no problem. MX player works perfectly.

Was gonna suggest mx player
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I copy mkv files all the time over to my Transformer Prime and my SGS2 no problem. Mx player is good for most. Dice player is good too.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

I was able to figure it out. For some reason I need to zip up the MVK files, transfer them to my tablet, then extract them using a file manager in order for me to watch them. Do you guys have to do anything like this or can you just drag/drop them?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Fire View Post
    I was able to figure it out. For some reason I need to zip up the MVK files, transfer them to my tablet, then extract them using a file manager in order for me to watch them. Do you guys have to do anything like this or can you just drag/drop them?
    I just drag and drop. Works just like a usb drive.

Android Evangelist
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Yeah I'm able to drag every other file and they work fine. But not with MKV for some reason. It's probably an issue with my computer...oh well at least I figured out a solution.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Yeah I'm able to drag every other file and they work fine. But not with MKV for some reason. It's probably an issue with my computer...oh well at least I figured out a solution.
    Is it just because the file is so big and it stalls? Or do you get an error?

Android Evangelist
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Windows explorer just crashes immediately. From what I've read it has something to do with DivX codec that I have installed on my computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Windows explorer just crashes immediately. From what I've read it has something to do with DivX codec that I have installed on my computer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    That definitely sounds odd. Try renaming the file then copying it. If it works then it's your desktop. Or try a different computer to see if you get the same issue.

Android Evangelist

Do you all know how to transfer large .mkv files (5gb+) over to the micro sd card and successfully run on the note? Theyre HD movie files im wanting to transfer over.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    Do you all know how to transfer large .mkv files (5gb+) over to the micro sd card and successfully run on the note? Theyre HD movie files im wanting to transfer over.
    Plug the phone in to your computer. Copy the files over then play using MX player or Dice player.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Plug the phone in to your computer. Copy the files over then play using MX player or Dice player.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad,
    are you referring to the android file transfer program that you have to install (for mac users)? If so then it for some reason wont recognize my device after i plugged it in and after i rebooted my mac. Plus it only allows a maximum of 4gb files to be transferred.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

badbrad,
    are you referring to the android file transfer program that you have to install (for mac users)? If so then it for some reason wont recognize my device after i plugged it in and after i rebooted my mac. Plus it only allows a maximum of 4gb files to be transferred.
    Ah. The Mac. Not as easy as expected. Sorry I can't help you there. I use a PC. I just plug it in and it works like a usb stick. The folders come up and you copy the file into the folder of your choice.

Have you tried Googling for answers?

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Ah. The Mac. Not as easy as expected. Sorry I can't help you there. I use a PC. I just plug it in and it works like a usb stick. The folders come up and you copy the file into the folder of your choice.

Have you tried Googling for answers?

with the Mac, you just download and install the program and it should run the same as with the PC. Once i figure that out, are you able to transfer files larger than 4gb?

thanks

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

with the Mac, you just download and install the program and it should run the same as with the PC. Once i figure that out, are you able to transfer files larger than 4gb?

thanks
    Yes I can copy any size file with trouble.

Android Evangelist

When you copy the files to 10.1, you may need to make use of video player to play the mkv movies or you can just use to transfer the videos to 10.1.

I formatted my SD Card to exFAT. Copied some HD movie files into it. Had MX Player + AMR7 Code installed but the MKV file played on my Tablet has no audio. Try MoboPlayer and the result still the same. QQPlayer seem to work but comes with a consequence of no fast-forward.

I'm rather partial to BS Player. Handles everything including mkvs--also has LAN Mode and supports multi-window.
    Samsung Galaxy S3, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Willer View Post
    Samsung Galaxy Note does not support MKV file format. To play MKV on Samsung Galaxy Note, a recommended solution is to convert MKV to MP4. I know a good . It is called Bigasoft Total Video Converter. It can help easily play MKV on Samsung Galaxy Note.
    I would think that any alternate video player that can do MKV would work fine, like MX Player. Recoding every video seems rather silly....

Posted via Android Central App

I know a nice way providing an all-in-one solution to solve all the symptoms in playing and editing MKV video files.

Convert MKV, HD MKV to MP4 to helps play MKV on PS3, PSP, Zune, Wii, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Android, Sansung, BlackBerry, YouTube, Facebook and more
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to WMV/AVI to helps play MKV on Xbox 360, Windows Media Player, and Windows Movie Maker etc
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to MOV to play MKV on QuickTime, Mac, Wii and more
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to DV for importing MKV to iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to MPEG-1 for inserting MKV to PowerPoint or burning MKV to VCD
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to MPEG-2 to burn MKV to DVD
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to 3GP/3GPP to play MKV on mobile phones like Nokia
    Convert MKV, HD MKV to FLV, VOB, WebM, ASF, MPG, SWF etc to play MKV anywhere

Find the nice tool by google search "How to Play MKV on PS3/Xbox 360/iPad/iPhone/Android/QuickTime/Zune".

I see a robot necro'd this thread but heads up to the guy with .mkv crashing.... MX Player says it can play back from uncomoressed .rar with no performance hit supposedly. So copy the videos to uncompressed archive on a Radeon RAMdisk or something, then *move* the copies onto your tablet. You shouldn't need to waste a billion hours extracting them again if the MX devs are telling the truth.