Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default swipe zoom

First off, I hope I'm in the right section. I've got a SCH-1905 so if I'm in the wrong spot, let me know.

Sometimes when I scroll up or down while reading a web page I somehow activate a zoom feature that rooms the page so much you can't see anything. I'm not accidentally touching the screen with a second finger and activating the pinch zoom.

I do use pinch zoom to make the font large enough for me to read easily, but I want to disable the one finger swipe zoom. I can't find it in the settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Default Re: swipe zoom

Quote Originally Posted by F350-6 View Post
    First off, I hope I'm in the right section. I've got a SCH-1905 so if I'm in the wrong spot, let me know.

Sometimes when I scroll up or down while reading a web page I somehow activate a zoom feature that rooms the page so much you can't see anything. I'm not accidentally touching the screen with a second finger and activating the pinch zoom.
    I do use pinch zoom to make the font large enough for me to read easily, but I want to disable the one finger swipe zoom. I can't find it in the settings. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I ran into such things when I first started to explore my phone because I wasn't used to many of the touch screen features. I suspect you're double tapping without realizing it. The Notes are extremely sensitive. When it zooms in, do a double tap and see if it doesn't toggle back to regular display.
    Thanked by:
    F350-6 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've been using a stylus with the fat rubber tip to select and scroll. I don't think I've been double tapping, but I guess its possible. That or the screen is having issues picking up the stylus. I'll play with it and see if it's a double tap thing. Thanks.

Has anybody found a solution to this one finger edge zoom. I got the galaxy note 2 and it has the same annoyance. This phone is great but I cant use the default browser because I scroll on the edge to be able to read while I am scrolling. One finger zoom sucks.
    Last edited by czayzay2001; 11-08-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: wrong info

Yes that happens when you scroll to much to the side. If you only scroll in the middle of the page it will not zoom in and out.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinus1973 View Post
    Yes that happens when you scroll to much to the side. If you only scroll in the middle of the page it will not zoom in and out.
    Thanks, I never noticed that my finger being at the side of the page was a common factor when it zoomed unexpectedly.