S Note can't do the most basic import

skyerosebud

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
S Note is unable to import PDFs. Is this a bad joke? All the marketting glitz showing kids annotating their textbooks when actually S Note hangs then crashes upon importing any PDF. And could they make it any more complicated to import, export or save. What a mistake shifting platforms from iPad. My advice. Don't buy the Galaxy 10.1

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I use this as a student, and the Kno textbook app is PERFECT for notating textbooks. Please, do everyone a favor and shift back to the platform you came from. We don't need Apple Arrogance on this site. There's plenty of other sites for you to visit with people who can tell you how to think. Android users are not in the habit of telling you what you need to do and feel. Apple is better at doing that and telling you how much you'll pay them for that "service".

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
S Note is unable to import PDFs. Is this a bad joke? All the marketting glitz showing kids annotating their textbooks when actually S Note hangs then crashes upon importing any PDF. And could they make it any more complicated to import, export or save. What a mistake shifting platforms from iPad. My advice. Don't buy the Galaxy 10.1
First, let me suggest that before you bounce off your high horse, you might consider ASKING for help to LEARN HOW to do something rather than pronouncing it as impossible. Many folks who post frequently on here import pdf files, some of them many times a day to use in their business. So if you'd like help, I suggest you look for a way to delete this rant and start a new thread with something like Can someone please help me learn how to import pdf files. Take special note of the "please" and "learn". Most of us will rave about the tablet's awesome capabilities at great length, (well, I do the great length part really well, others are more succinct and I envy them! ) and we're happy to help others figure out solutions to problems and learn to use the features, all you have to do is ask.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Haters gonna hate, troll is gonna troll.......Nothing to see here anymore. Apple fanboy trying to bring people to the dark side by smearing a quality product. Reported post for trolling. Gotta love the 3 post count, just stinks of a troublemaker from the apple forums who probably created the account to talk crap. Why can't people just leave well enough alone. You have to come into our forums and trash talk? Uncalled for.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Haters gonna hate, troll is gonna troll.......Nothing to see here anymore. Apple fanboy trying to bring people to the dark side by smearing a quality product. Reported post for trolling. Gotta love the 3 post count, just stinks of a troublemaker from the apple forums who probably created the account to talk crap. Why can't people just leave well enough alone. You have to come into our forums and trash talk? Uncalled for.
It's just stupid. Coming to a board to push an obvious agenda: frankly I don't understand why people waste their time this way. Apple devices are not for me for a number of reasons, but they are for just about every other member of my family. Why should I care? And I certainly do not sit up sleepless nights worrying about the Samsung Corporation. They manufacture excellent products - I enjoy several - and they are making money hand over fist .I just feel people should use whatever platform they like best and leave the public relations to the professional marketing departments of whichever company they prefer. If you want to do volunteer work, there are plenty of worthy charities that can use your time.

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

Your plan will not succeed, we will buy Galaxy Note 10.1's and we will download pdf's and open them and enjoy them, and then we will buy more and give them as gifts for the holidays, then we will import and save all the new eyephone videos that make fun of steve jobs and laugh until we piss our pants, and then we will send Samsung a cheesecake for the holidays as a thank you for creating the Galaxy Note 10.1.

I will reject your stupidity and replace it with my reality!

Pp.

PS. Your a joke, you only have 3 posts and they are all negative posts about the Galaxy Tab. Note 10.1. Bad eyesheep. Bad. :-(

Sent from the future using Mayan technology.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I wonder why the OP never came back to explain his problem in greater detail or seek for help in solving it. That is a sure sign of a tool just trying to stir the pot.

agswarup

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Hii all, i have Bought this awesome gadget just yesterday mainly for making notes on my pdf files.. but unfortunately as the op pointed out.. i am having the same issue.. when i click import it starts to import but after it reaches the final page of import it just hangs and exits the s note application.. this is not the case if i import .jpeg .. i have tried importing many documents, big and small.. but the same issue.. im really worried because this was the main reason i bought it.. please help.. thanks in advance..

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hii all, i have Bought this awesome gadget just yesterday mainly for making notes on my pdf files.. but unfortunately as the op pointed out.. i am having the same issue.. when i click import it starts to import but after it reaches the final page of import it just hangs and exits the s note application.. this is not the case if i import .jpeg .. i have tried importing many documents, big and small.. but the same issue.. im really worried because this was the main reason i bought it.. please help.. thanks in advance..

This issue is being actively discussed on XDA (they've started a thread trying to gather information from those with the problem, so if you have it, you might want to join up and add your info), but it seems to affect the international models of the Note rather than the US version, which is why you'll find so many people who can say that they have absolutely no issues with importing PDFs in S-Note, while others complaint that it never works. Here's hoping that whatever Sammy has done to the US version rolls out for the international units soon enough.

copono

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I think that the galaxy notes (I own the 8.0) are really good devices, but s-note is almost useless if you want to use it for anything that is not a casual note. The templates are very bad quality (low res) and if you export them, they become even lower quality. If you import some pdf, it converts it into an image (you lose the text as searchable), and when you export it back you can't even read the image because of the bad export quality. You can't define your own templates, and therefore you can't chose the page size (for example letter or A4). I think that there are some better alternatives. For example, papyrus and quill are vectorial.
BTW, I tried the apps for ipad and they are actually much better. My fav is good notes, which does all the things s-note does, but vectorial. The only problem is that it's an ipad, and thus, you stay with those horrible finger stylus. But that's a problem of the hardware, not the software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress