How often do you charge your tablet?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Question says it all. How often do you charge and do you/should you wait until it dies out before charging?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on this tablet so far has been nothing short of awesome. I usually only need to charge it every other day when it gets to around 5-10%.
ahara7ud.jpg

Now if only smartphones could get battery life like this

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree but a 7000 mAh battery would make the GS3 pretty thick. I keep mine charged when not in use mainly out of habit more then necessity. Battery life is quite good especially on Sundays watching the NFL.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used my tablet as much as I expected I would. That doesn't mean it isn't useful or can't do what I need it to do, but I use it for school and other meetings that require note taking. I use it for the occassional web browsing, and some games (NBA JAM). But I only need to charge mine about once a week. The battery life is amazing.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I typically get about 7-9 hours each charge.

WOW you really use yours lol

I have had the tablet since 9/25 including that day to fully charge it today is my 3rd time and only because of the update i want it at full charge for it. I would say a full charge gets me 3 days. My wife has yet to use it so i'm sure when she does we will get less battery life.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I charge it about once a week but I don't use it consistently everyday, some days it stays off.
It is great battery life but I remember less drain on my original ipad when I used to use that for taking notes during a class.
Definitely better than the Asus tf300 I had for about two weeks.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Apparently I don't use mines as much. ONCE a week.....LOL
Sometimes twice a week....unless I've used it heavily one day

~Jae, Tap'n on my White Samsung Galaxy S3 ~

newseed

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
WOW you really use yours lol

I have had the tablet since 9/25 including that day to fully charge it today is my 3rd time and only because of the update i want it at full charge for it. I would say a full charge gets me 3 days. My wife has yet to use it so i'm sure when she does we will get less battery life.

I use mine everyday for reading, doing Bible study, taking notes, etc. I sometime play videos and music. I think I use it about 4 hours a day in which I charge it once every 2 days. Keep in mind that my battery never falls below 20% between charge. I bet I could get a few extra hours before each if I wanted to but I rather not since I use it often.

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take your tablet to charge with the original charger? Both my brother and I let the tablet charge ovetnight while it's switched off and in the morning sometimes it's still 80% charged or 99%, it never went up to a 100%. Is this normal?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what kind of tablet you have but most require a larger voltage adapter. Make sure you are using the one that came with your device. If you are just plugging in to your phone adapter it will take much longer to charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How long does it take your tablet to charge with the original charger? Both my brother and I let the tablet charge ovetnight while it's switched off and in the morning sometimes it's still 80% charged or 99%, it never went up to a 100%. Is this normal?

I've occasionally had mine go from 100% to 99% the second it's unplugged from being charged. I don't think it's a big deal. If you only turn off your screen, rather than a full power off, and have a game or something still running in the background, that may delay the charging. I've noticed that if I leave a game on pause, turn off the screen to charge it, it takes a very long time to reach full charge. I've gotten in the habit of doing a power off and overnight charge about every two days. I estimate I use my Note about 3 or 4 hrs a day, sometimes more on the weekends.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am getting a little better than 14 hours with charge to spare but I charge overnight.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

tricia.dawn.williams

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and yes to charge it I use the original charger that was in the package. I leave it to charge overnight, something like 10 hours. Is this normal?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and yes to charge it I use the original charger that was in the package. I leave it to charge overnight, something like 10 hours. Is this normal?

If it's not fully charged by morning then I would say you have a problem. You may want to try to drain it down until it turns off then recharge it again. Sometimes the battery needs to reset. You can also download a battery calibration app. It helps to reset the battery.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks yesterday I got a full charge after four hours and I haven't done anything different. It's driving me crazy. :confused:

Okay so it was able to charge after 4 hours? Or it drained in 4 hours?

4 hours to charge it would be normal. But definitely run the calibration app after its at 100%

Silverd77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This tab is freaking incredible! Battery life is just super...! And now with the premium suite upgrade, WOW! I will now recommend this tablet over any other right now... rooted with an app called multiple windows on the play store, I can open any app I have on here in multiple windows! Sooo cool!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey