Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Software update this morning?

Same, no update for Australia yet. I have an issue with screen brightness too. The slider in the notifications bar seems to be unbalanced. To lower the brightness it needs to be almost at the very left.

Also when I open up the kindle reader application it jumps to full brightness even if it was set on the lowest setting.

Hope it fixes this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I went to settings and pressed the software update and I keep getting this message after it tries to connect to the server: "Access to the software update service is provided to users in the other in which they request it. Try later."

what exactly does this mean?!?!?

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

@24 - I had noticed a similar issue, but I noticed that I was accidentally pressing the button on the stylus and that was causing the pen to "turn off". I still need to find a good way to hold the pen... just a little too small!

Does anyone know how to take full screen notes in s-note after the update? I cant figure out how to get the toolbar to disappear like it used to
    TJohnsonmp01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    I went to settings and pressed the software update and I keep getting this message after it tries to connect to the server: "Access to the software update service is provided to users in the other in which they request it. Try later."

what exactly does this mean?!?!?
    Haven't seen this message, but my guess is other=order

just got this software update. now i'm having problem with s-note. I usually use the handwriting-to-text option. Now, after converting few handwritten words to texts, it starts to turn into blank, the last words i've written are nowhere to be found. how do i fix this?

i noticed also that s-note begins to hang after writing about 15-20 words and closes automatically and doesn't even save the last note you have written. It's really annoying

Still no update for me.
    Australia, 16Gb, 3G.

Nor in the UK. My recently purchased Note 10.1 has firmware N8010XXALGC... elsewhere (sammobile site) it is suggested that there is an upgrade to N8010XWALI4, but I don't get a sniff of that either by Wifi or USB to Kies.

My 64GB card turned up yesterday and, of course, the SGN 10.1 can't read its exFAT partition. I don't get why Samsung aren't making the new firmware available here in the UK. I tried asking support and got the usual useless answer ("Kies will update your tablet when an update is available").

I can live with my 8GB card for now - can't be bothered to format as FAT32 - but I hope they provide an update before too long.

Pretty sure I just received the update here in Australia!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing for me. Mines an 8000 though.

I found that the update made my zoom more sensitive. If i rest my palm on my screen to write it zooms in or out. It never did this before the update. Does yours do this too? I dont like it how do i fix it. Is there a permanent zoom setting i can putit on. Its so annoying because it will go from zoom of 98% to 120 with the rest of my palm. Please help

The tool bar wont disappear, it looks like they set it up where the tool bar will remain with access to full screen. R u having ani ssue with the zoom. Everytime i rest my palm it zooms in or out significantly. Do u know any fixes to this. It never did itbefore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcdavis9958 View Post
    Does anyone know how to take full screen notes in s-note after the update? I cant figure out how to get the toolbar to disappear like it used to

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I updated about a week ago, thinking this was the JB upgrade. The main issue that I have with the upgrade is that it erased my Clockword Mod Recovery and defaults me into Android Recovery. What THAT does is prevents me from booting into download mode. I can still get into download mode via ADB, but I have been warned that it may not be possible to restore Clockword Mod onto my tablet. Bummer. That also means no root. Bummer again.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

If you're saying that you upgraded and are now on the UEALI3 build, you should be able to get back to having CWM and root. I'm on that build and I have CWM and root. I used RootKeeper to back up my root before I did the upgrade and then restore it again afterwards, but I actually restored the stock recovery before letting the OTA install and then I used Odin to install CWM again afterwards.

Anyway, worst case for you, I think, would be using Odin and rolling back to the previous build and rooting, then use RootKeeper to back it up, then re-do the OTA, use Odin to install CWM, and then use RootKeeper to re-root.

Quote Originally Posted by jmbledsoe View Post
    I found that the update made my zoom more sensitive. If i rest my palm on my screen to write it zooms in or out. It never did this before the update. Does yours do this too? I dont like it how do i fix it. Is there a permanent zoom setting i can putit on. Its so annoying because it will go from zoom of 98% to 120 with the rest of my palm. Please help
    Read this on another forum: If you find the tablet zooming on you when you place your wrist on it simply lift your hand, pinch the zoom back to 100%, then without placing your hand down again simply tap the screen once with the tip of the pen. This should solve the zooming issue for that session. Afterwards just write normally.

No update on mine, what is the new #

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Can't find a way to push it from Samsung support online. What is the build #

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

I posted the build number of the latest build 4 or 5 posts ago. ^^^^^

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Hope you don't mind me pursuing this a bit further -- I understand your train of thought and appreciate the advice. I can't work with ODIN, though, because without being able to boot into download mode ODIN does not recognize my tablet. It's a mess I've gotten myself into. Actually, of all the devices I've owned and rooted over the years, this tablet is darned near perfect in stock mode. Just miss the ability to use Titanium Backup and Aldiko Sync.

Back to the root issue -- do you have any thoughts on using ODIN with no download mode?

Appreciate any advice.

Barbara
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nabour View Post
    Hope you don't mind me pursuing this a bit further -- I understand your train of thought and appreciate the advice. I can't work with ODIN, though, because without being able to boot into download mode ODIN does not recognize my tablet. It's a mess I've gotten myself into. Actually, of all the devices I've owned and rooted over the years, this tablet is darned near perfect in stock mode. Just miss the ability to use Titanium Backup and Aldiko Sync.

Back to the root issue -- do you have any thoughts on using ODIN with no download mode?

Appreciate any advice.

Barbara
    You got me. I'm struggling to figure out how you could break the ability to boot into download mode. Are you SURE you can't boot into download mode? I know it sometimes throws me off because you have to hold the Vol rocker one way to boot to Recovery and the other way to boot to download mode. Or something like that.

If you can get into download mode in ADB, can you use ADB to reinstall the stock Recovery? I downloaded the stock Recovery from XDA a while back. I don't even think you have to use the Recovery that matches the firmware build you have loaded. I was running the GB(?) build and the stock recovery for GB that was posted was actually corrupt. So I ended up downloading the Recovery for the AH (? or whatever that second release was) build and installing that. Then I was able to do the OTA to the LI3 build.

Why are some notes N8010, mine is a N8013

Is there anything special for the wifi version to get update, other than the be connected to wifi, and then about device and software update?

25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts

There is an N8000, N8010, and N8013. The 8013 is the U.S. version. The others are Euro versions, with and without 3G data.

No, nothing special to get the update. But, I started this thread over 2 months ago. That's when the last update for the 8013 came out.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast