Software update this morning?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I awoke this morning to find my Note showing a notification that it has downloaded a 75 MB software update and asking if I want to install it. I clicked on "Later".

Anybody know what this is? I believe it's too small to be Jellybean. If you've installed it, how is it?

tdeanhoward

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded this morning. Just a small maintenance update. Few new options in s-note is all I have seen new.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Thank god for the notes changes. The scroll on the side really was needed when taking notes and it sucked having to toggle the move screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There are quite a few posts on this on XDA. It sounds like it's minimal, but at least an improvement. Everyone is assuming it fixes the issues with supporting 64gig microSD cards - which seems reasonable, since that was in the update that they released then pulled in August. And, reports are the S-Note now adds scroll bars when needed and a new option in the menu for "Set as...", I think.

I reckon I'll go ahead and let it install.... :)

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
There are quite a few posts on this on XDA. It sounds like it's minimal, but at least an improvement. Everyone is assuming it fixes the issues with supporting 64gig microSD cards - which seems reasonable, since that was in the update that they released then pulled in August. And, reports are the S-Note now adds scroll bars when needed and a new option in the menu for "Set as...", I think.

I reckon I'll go ahead and let it install.... :)

Yes, I am downloading it right now. I wonder if this is the exFAT fix (crossing fingers).

zerospace-net

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This update looks like it's a fixed or slightly updated version of the update that was pushed (and quickly pulled) shortly after the US launch of the Note 10.1 (UEALH2 or something was the build #). Those that are on the original firmware (LG2) are getting about a 75MB download, while those on the pulled firmware are getting about a 42MB download for today's update. It isn't Jellybean, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was in part to get everyone on the same page for the JB update that's supposed to be forthcoming.

The keyboard pop up bug that was present in the original firmware is fixed, some options (landscape note) in S-Note added, and possibly a few other odds and ends. Fixed the palm zoom issue in S-Note as well when pen mode is enabled (YES! I'm so sick of accidentally zooming the page all the time. ugh!). I could swear there are a few more options under the predictive text section for the sammy keyboard as well, but I'm not positive.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got this update. Fixed the annoying keyboard issue with folders among other things. Now let's just hope that our next update is jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

ARossetter

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Also in this update, I don't recall seeing "Record Sketch" before in S-Note. Any idea what that is supposed to do?

.. Yes, I know it records sketches. :p But I don't know how to play them back or when that would be used.

- Andy

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Record sketch was always there. But, it was only available if you started with one specific note template (I can't remember which one).

I think if you record a sketch, save it, then open it back up, you'll see how to play it back.

What's it for? Here's one use that comes to mind: Imagine you're in class and your teacher draws, say, a methane molecule on the board. Then they erase part and draw some more and and now announce that this is a hexane molecule. You're taking notes and you've drawn the first one. You want that to be kept in your notes. But, you want to make a note of hexane, too. Do you start a new page and draw the whole hexane from scratch? Or do you have recording on and just erase and draw new, just like the teacher did? If you do the latter, then you can replay the sketch later and see both drawings, as the playback proceeds. Just one idea...

will25u

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine has a bug in snote where when you open a note the screen goes to max brightness. Are any of you having this issue?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2