Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

Default Software update this morning?

I awoke this morning to find my Note showing a notification that it has downloaded a 75 MB software update and asking if I want to install it. I clicked on "Later".

Anybody know what this is? I believe it's too small to be Jellybean. If you've installed it, how is it?

Default Re: Software update this morning?

Downloading now. I'll let you know in a few.

Downloaded this morning. Just a small maintenance update. Few new options in s-note is all I have seen new.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, still good old ICS. Not sure if this means the JB update is on hold for bug fixes or not.

Thank god for the notes changes. The scroll on the side really was needed when taking notes and it sucked having to toggle the move screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    socal likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

There are quite a few posts on this on XDA. It sounds like it's minimal, but at least an improvement. Everyone is assuming it fixes the issues with supporting 64gig microSD cards - which seems reasonable, since that was in the update that they released then pulled in August. And, reports are the S-Note now adds scroll bars when needed and a new option in the menu for "Set as...", I think.

I reckon I'll go ahead and let it install....

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
    There are quite a few posts on this on XDA. It sounds like it's minimal, but at least an improvement. Everyone is assuming it fixes the issues with supporting 64gig microSD cards - which seems reasonable, since that was in the update that they released then pulled in August. And, reports are the S-Note now adds scroll bars when needed and a new option in the menu for "Set as...", I think.

I reckon I'll go ahead and let it install....
    Yes, I am downloading it right now. I wonder if this is the exFAT fix (crossing fingers).
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Yes!!! The exFAT has landed! My 64 gb card now works!
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    LadiJae and trailblazen like this.

This update looks like it's a fixed or slightly updated version of the update that was pushed (and quickly pulled) shortly after the US launch of the Note 10.1 (UEALH2 or something was the build #). Those that are on the original firmware (LG2) are getting about a 75MB download, while those on the pulled firmware are getting about a 42MB download for today's update. It isn't Jellybean, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was in part to get everyone on the same page for the JB update that's supposed to be forthcoming.

The keyboard pop up bug that was present in the original firmware is fixed, some options (landscape note) in S-Note added, and possibly a few other odds and ends. Fixed the palm zoom issue in S-Note as well when pen mode is enabled (YES! I'm so sick of accidentally zooming the page all the time. ugh!). I could swear there are a few more options under the predictive text section for the sammy keyboard as well, but I'm not positive.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    The scroll on the side really was needed when taking notes and it sucked having to toggle the move screen.
    So glad they addressed that .

overall extremely happy with this patch. fixed some necessary items and improved functionality on an already awsome product!

I have not gotten any update notice yet. Please advise.

go into your settings, last option on the bottom, about phone. system update.

Nice. Thanks.

Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Just got this update. Fixed the annoying keyboard issue with folders among other things. Now let's just hope that our next update is jb.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Are the updates country specific? We have several of the N8000 16 Gb 3G, no updates yet. Location Australia.

Seems to have a fix for that annoying keyboard issue. For that alone, it's worth the download.

Also in this update, I don't recall seeing "Record Sketch" before in S-Note. Any idea what that is supposed to do?

.. Yes, I know it records sketches. :P But I don't know how to play them back or when that would be used.

- Andy
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

Record sketch was always there. But, it was only available if you started with one specific note template (I can't remember which one).

I think if you record a sketch, save it, then open it back up, you'll see how to play it back.

What's it for? Here's one use that comes to mind: Imagine you're in class and your teacher draws, say, a methane molecule on the board. Then they erase part and draw some more and and now announce that this is a hexane molecule. You're taking notes and you've drawn the first one. You want that to be kept in your notes. But, you want to make a note of hexane, too. Do you start a new page and draw the whole hexane from scratch? Or do you have recording on and just erase and draw new, just like the teacher did? If you do the latter, then you can replay the sketch later and see both drawings, as the playback proceeds. Just one idea...

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Mine has a bug in snote where when you open a note the screen goes to max brightness. Are any of you having this issue?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Allergic to Stupid

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

Numerous people on XDA have said the same thing. There is debate over whether that is a bug versus on purpose. I don't know either way. But I do know that I have thought numerous times, while taking notes, that the tablet did SOMETHING like that because I find that I often end up with my hand over the light sensor for a few seconds and the screen goes totally dim - if it's on Auto Brightness, of course.

Just installed my 64GB micro sdxc Class 10 card.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy S3 Handheld Device

Quote Originally Posted by rickgainsmith View Post
    Are the updates country specific? We have several of the N8000 16 Gb 3G, no updates yet. Location Australia.
    Second that question... I'm in the UK... no sign of an update as yet.

I have noticed when Writing or Drawing on the right side when my hand is not pressed on the screen, but on the part of the folio case I have on it, that sometimes the S Pen doesn't write. I'll be drawing or Writing a word and I get blank spots. Once I reposition my hand on the actual screen it works fine, no missing writing. Is anybody else having this problem?
    It's the only thing I've noticed with mine that's been a slight problem. I don't think it's a problem with the tablet, because when I put whole hand on the screen, no blank spots when using the S Pen. I see it a lot in the Draw something app. Also it happened a couple times in S Note app.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I'll chime in - no update in Canada. That being said, I haven't experienced any of the problems (floating keyboard, problem with 64GB sd card) that this update seems to fix.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast