Note 10.1 and car charger compatibility

kippypipe

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Trying to charge my Note with my Griffin car usb charger, charger shows green light, when plug in to Note, charger shows red light, and Note battery icon shows a red X. Is my charger not powerful enough?
P.S. charger works with my mp3 player.

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that means you probably have a 1 Amp charger which works fine for phones and mp3 players but not tablets.

ongre10

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Your tablet needs a higher amperage charger make sure it is 2.0 amps or above. A lower amp charger may work if the tablet is off but may take a long time.

Karlos Callens

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a galaxy Note 10.1 and bought a green ring Belkin Car charger (2.1 A) and this one also doesn't work. Same thing: Note battery icon shows a red X and no charging. There must be something else than the 2 A alone.

Ziltoid78

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 different 2.1 amp plugs, and have tried with two different cables. No way it works. I think the tablet can recognize if you use a samsung charger, and only allows that. I also have a 2 amp wall charger, same thing. Only when I use the charger that came with the pad, and the expensive car charger I had to buy, will it work. Clever bastards!

ItsLeandro

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, that red X on the battery, hasn't to do anything with the Device it self.
I also had first a red X with a car charger, so I read the manual. The car charger has to be from Samsung it self, or it has to be approved by Samsung. Using a other charger, can damage the device or it will even turn out in explosion, don't take the explosion thing to serious, but it does stand in the manual. So buy a Samsung car charger, or a approved one. Read the manual yourself if you want to be sure. You can also contact Samsung it self.

Hope this helped, have a nice day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC