Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

Default Re: An ant crawled inside my Note LCD screen

[QUOTE=Scythe55;2230780]Most likely through the audio jack. They are usually not... "closed", so to speak. I definitely a bummer. I hope they exchange it for you.[/QUOTE

This looks like its time to get a dust plug put in. +1 ON GETTING IT REPLACED....

yeah thats why I posted the pics on the last page of the opening. Samsung should come up with a dust plug or something. Just has to be rubber or something to create a seal. Looks like more than one person has had this issue.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Wtf. Same thing happened to mine today. A white lice-ish, insect flat dead lying inside my Note screen. So very frustrating and annoying to see things like this happen. So what happened to yours, was it replaced or repaired? please reply. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jac-3 View Post
    Samsung might cover it under warranty since it is a bug.
    I hate to see a good pun go unnoticed

Well I just joined this club today morning. My Galaxy note 10.1 has an ant too, just like the picture above. Mine is bigger problem as I live outside the U.S. and the device was sent as a gift from that country, so I don't have Samsung Support in mine. I just gave it out to a friend who repairs computers along with this video I found about how to open it. Now I'm in his hands, and I rather sell or totally destroy it and buy a new one than conserve this with the ant from hell inside.

Thanks for posting this thread.
    Definitely a design flaw. My audio jack now has a pink silicone rubber stopper.
    One can chop up an eraser and achieve the same results.

This is a bit like the flaw for the Wacom Cintiq which has three large holes in the casing that are hidden by a panel. They're so big that one day a 2cm long stink beetle crawled in and was making a crackly sound until I removed the back casing to see what the problem was.

Just bought a Samsung galaxy note 10.1 , it's less then a week old and I have an ant running around in it too. ( Now dead) After reading these post I'm starting to think its a fault on Samsung's behalf. There is a video on YouTube of the and stuck. If the gaps in this thing are big enough to let an ant crawl in, then get between the screen and glass , who knows what else will accumulate in there over time.

Thanks for sharing this, I will be looking into one of these:

Take it back to where you purchased it and tell them you only paid for the tablet, not the company it came with. Then tell them you want a new one.
    Just love my GN2

Smile Re: An ant crawled inside my Note LCD screen

This can be removed by any technician who can disassemble the 10.1 Note. The ant is not on the LCD screen or Digitizer (the digitizer and the screen is too tightly fix. The ant is just between the LCD screen and the Display Panel so it can be easily remove. Hope this will help.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12