Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S-Note Problems After Update

My Pen annotations delete every time I save My notes! I can only use the key board text function. is any one else having note issues??? I use this tablet to take notes in class. I can't have my notes erase every time Ipress save!!!
    Last edited by Terran2045; 10-11-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: forgot something

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: S-Note Problems After Update

Are you having problems adding images to snote...it keeps saying document restored after crash?

tk!

Quote Originally Posted by Terran2045 View Post
    My Pen annotations delete every time I save My notes! I can only use the key board text function. is any one else having note issues??? I use this tablet to take notes in class. I can't have my notes erase every time Ipress save!!!
    I've had the same problem when I was trying to sync notes between my Note phone and Note tablet through Evernote, Dropbox, and every other syncing app I could find. If I could get the note to switch to other device, or even transferred it via email from one to the other, the note would appear but as soon as I touched the screen to add writing to it, the original writing would disappear. I finally gave up ever getting notes to be transferrable from my tablet Note to my phone Note and vice versa. Even if I sent an Snote via gmail and tried to reopen it from the attachment on the same Note that created it, it would go blank as soon as I tried to write on it. If you're using any syncing apps, or transferring the snotes in any way, that's the problem.

ROM
    Gnex: Team Bamf Xoom: EOS

Ever since the update I've had Tom's of trouble with s note freezing. Anyone else noticing this issue? S note become completely useless. I've switched to Lecture Notes but would prefer S note because of the multi window support. That's a big feature.

Updating is something I rarely do, mostly because even though they do fix some bugs, usually worse or other bugs start showing up. I did the update, haven't really used the S Note app as much as of late, but haven't noticed any freezing or the zooming problem (yet). I feel like with something that's working, why do the update unless it's fixing something you're already having problems with or adding something much anticipated or that really makes it worthwhile. While most people are anticipating Jellybean, I'm hoping that it's going to be something that's working well and not a lot of new bugs that come with it. I actually like Ice Cream Sandwich on both my phone and my Tablet, so may hold off on the Jellybean update when it comes. I usually don't update any of my apps, except if they get a lot of good reviews on the play store for after the update. One thing that I was leary of coming from an Ipad to the Android Tablet. As much as I hate Apple, in the short time I had the Ipad 3, I did one update and fixed one problem I had and had no others with anything after the update. I'm not a fan of Apple by any means, but updates always scare me on Android, with my phones and with my Tablet.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by flippedout View Post
    Ever since the update I've had Tom's of trouble with s note freezing. Anyone else noticing this issue? S note become completely useless. I've switched to Lecture Notes but would prefer S note because of the multi window support. That's a big feature.
    I am not sure how it was before the update as I just got my Note yesterday, but the sNote freezes almost all the time. Makes it completely useless. I will keep playing with it (maybe I am doing something wrong?) but if there is not a fix soon this is going back.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

If I turn off my tablet once a day and make sure I close s-note when I am note using it., then it doesn't have any problems. The zooming problem stops when I put the pen near the screen before I put my handoff the screen. So pen first then palm. :-) Also, save every few minutes. This helps my snote run more smoothly., And my work is saved if it crashes. Hope the add a automate feature and an autobackup feature. Hope this helps.

I am seeing that S Note is freezing after the update. I will be in the middle of writing notes and it just freezes and then kicks me back to start page. I then lose my data and have to start over. It keeps doing it and is frustrating. Is there another good that I can use until Samsung fixes this app?

I ended up doing a force close on the S Note application and then clearing all data for the application. It now appears to be running better and I have not seen a force close or restart in the last hour of using the application.

Ok so im having s note problems as well. It wont even open now. Was doing the freezing thing everyone was describing, i tried to force close and clear data, then shut down and restarted my note. Does anyone have additional suggestions or is anyone still having this issue. I just got my note and really wanted to be able to take classnotes on it but if this keeps up thats not going to happen with s note.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

It seems to have come back today as I got the freezing again and then the restart in the middle of taking notes, which I then lost. I sent a question to Samsung on this and I am waiting on a response. With the release of the Galaxy Note 2 phone this week running the Jelly Bean OS, I am hoping that their fix will be in the form of an OS upgrade. :-)

Hello, I've had my note tablet for one day now and it's having issues. I did the update, then checked firmware.

The issue are that it will only recognize the s-pen, no finger input at all. Also, just after the firmware update it would recognize finger and s-pen but the screen would shake and stutter. I've looked for advice on forums and the support site. On the support site all I could find said to check firmware and if nothing else reset to defaults. So I reset to default and now it doesn't seem to shake but still only recognizes s-pen input.

I'm really excited about this tablet and want it to work. Am I doing something wrong or is it just this buggy? Perhaps I got a bad one? Bad tip on the s-pen?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

When writing in S Note, there are 3 buttons in the upper right of the page, there is a "T'' for text input, a microphone for voice input and a pen for S Pen input. If the pen is highlighted blue, no finger input will register because it is in pen only mode, to eliminate any marks from palm touches and such. If you tap the pen button again to deselect it, then you will be able to use S Pen and finger input.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    When writing in S Note, there are 3 buttons in the upper right of the page, there is a "T'' for text input, a microphone for voice input and a pen for S Pen input. If the pen is highlighted blue, no finger input will register because it is in pen only mode, to eliminate any marks from palm touches and such. If you tap the pen button again to deselect it, then you will be able to use S Pen and finger input.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question
    Mine is the note 10, i had checked that area but will check again. Does this setting in S Note affect all programs, input into the entire OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_W View Post
    I am not sure how it was before the update as I just got my Note yesterday, but the sNote freezes almost all the time. Makes it completely useless. I will keep playing with it (maybe I am doing something wrong?) but if there is not a fix soon this is going back.
    Has anyone found a solution to this? I just bought the Note 10 and will take it back as long as it is in the warranty time frame (30 days.) I bought the Note 10 SPECFICIALLY for S Note. Mine freezes and then crashes within 45-60 seconds of opening a note...100% of the time.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by robcassman View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to this? I just bought the Note 10 and will take it back as long as it is in the warranty time frame (30 days.) I bought the Note 10 SPECFICIALLY for S Note. Mine freezes and then crashes within 45-60 seconds of opening a note...100% of the time.

Robert
    A possible solution!
    This is the BEST alternative. It is a different way to use handwriting on the tablet than what I was doing. No freezes and MUCH quicker:

I will use this from now on.

Hi,
    I have a brand new note 10.1 and am experiencing the exact same problems with Snote freezing. I have used it twice now and on both occasions it froze after approx 30min use and all of my work was lost.
    The stylus was the sole reason I chose the note 10.1 over all other tablets on thae market. So far this feature has proved to be very unreliable and far from the productive tool that I expected.
    This is also my 1st android device and I have to say, I'm appalled that there doesn't seem to be an auto save option. Having Mac for everything else in my house, if any program was to freeze or crash (which they rarely ever do), all of my work would be save and there for me on a full reboot.
    Seems not the case with the note 10.1. Terrible!

So, has anyone come across a solution for this problem? Will Jellybean fix it when finally released to us here in Australia?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

The procedure in the video above seems to be the best fix for this issue and works really well. This is corrected in the upcoming JB OS upgrade that hopefully will be available by the end of the month here in the U.S. I am not sure about when it will be released in Australia.

Gerry

Thanks. Yeah, I've been using that method for handwriting since reading it. The 2 experiences with freezing I had were when working on an Idea Note and switching between handwriting, shape recognition and just free-hand drawing.
    Hopefully it's sorted out in JB.
    Cheers.

Mine still does it after Jelly Bean. I just had to can it and go with the Lecture Notes app. I needed reliability at school way too much.
    Snote was moody as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by 300pete View Post
    Hi,
    I have a brand new note 10.1 and am experiencing the exact same problems with Snote freezing. I have used it twice now and on both occasions it froze after approx 30min use and all of my work was lost.
    The stylus was the sole reason I chose the note 10.1 over all other tablets on thae market. So far this feature has proved to be very unreliable and far from the productive tool that I expected.
    This is also my 1st android device and I have to say, I'm appalled that there doesn't seem to be an auto save option. Having Mac for everything else in my house, if any program was to freeze or crash (which they rarely ever do), all of my work would be save and there for me on a full reboot.
    Seems not the case with the note 10.1. Terrible!

So, has anyone come across a solution for this problem? Will Jellybean fix it when finally released to us here in Australia?

Jb update seems to have fixed the force close problem for me. Used snote for about an hour no problems. Hope it last as I was on verge of returning it but I really love it.
    So glad this seems to have fixed that problem...
    Last edited by tercbm; 01-20-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: S-Note Problems After Update - FIXED

Hey, my galaxy note 10.1 was doing all the same stuff... freezing, force closing, saying it was refreshing etc. I figured out how to fix it, so hopefully it helps others as well. Here's what I did:
    Go to settings
    Go to Application Manager
    A list of your downloaded apps will show up
    Scroll to the right twice to show "All" apps
    Scroll down and select S Note (mine shows 2 different ones...I did this to both of them)
    Click on the button that says Clear cache
    Click on the button that says Clear data
    Click on the button that says Force stop (and click yes)
    I then did the same steps for the second one that was listed
    Immediately restart device
    That was it for me... works like a charm now!!

This will delete any notes you've already made, but if the app isn't working, it's not like you can get to them anyway. As a side note, I had previously deleted the files under S Note in my first attempt to resolve (go to My Files > sdcard0 > and delete S Note). Not sure if that was necessary for the steps above to work or not, but thought I would throw it out there. Hope this is able to help someone!

You don't know what your missing with the JB update. It increases the functionality of the tablet by at least another 50% Multi-window for instance. I now have 27 apps in the bottom tray, all can be opened simultaneously, all resizable & movable anywhere on the screen. So, for example, you can open calculator, a note, & an e-mail & map combo to calculate figures from a mail & write answers & look at a location. It's exactly this kind of functionality that makes the 10.1 come into its own & knock the socks off other tablets. Try not to be too wary, I've taken advantage of all updates & don't regret any of it. You just need to put a bit of trust in Samsung & Google together!

So ive had the same issue over the last few weeks. Refreshing, than freeze, and then force close. So I went to the app manager and cleared the cache and data for the smaller S note app that was listed (theres two listed). I started having issues after I setup the sync. Now, it opens like a charm and I didn't lose any of my noyes.

Hope this helps.

I have not updated and I am having a serious problem using S Note... I just got the GT-N8000 and when I use the handwriting to text function, S note freezes up and is not saving the document
    this is very stressful since i bought the thing to take notes... any solutions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast