Anyone having a problem with S Pen not writing at times?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes when I'm writing with the S Pen on my Note, that it will not write anything. It's usually near the top in landscape mode and the right when in Portrait mode. This happens when I'm writing and sometimes when drawing. I'll be writing a word like "Note" for example, while writing I get the N, the O, but then sometimes It'll go blank and nothing. This would happen with my hand resting on the side of the Folio case or my Silicone Case. I tried rearranging my hand so it's still on the screen or just writing without my hand resting on the screen, sometimes takes two three attempts to get the S Pen to write again. Not sure if it's maybe the screen protector or something wrong with that Part of the screen, since it seems to happen in certain place like I said. Anyone else having this issue.?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the problem when I accidently click the button on the S Pen while writing. If I use my finger, or regrip the S Pen so I don't push the button, I usually have no problems.

Note2 or Note10, that is the question

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes when I'm writing with the S Pen on my Note, that it will not write anything. It's usually near the top in landscape mode and the right when in Portrait mode. This happens when I'm writing and sometimes when drawing. I'll be writing a word like "Note" for example, while writing I get the N, the O, but then sometimes It'll go blank and nothing. This would happen with my hand resting on the side of the Folio case or my Silicone Case. I tried rearranging my hand so it's still on the screen or just writing without my hand resting on the screen, sometimes takes two three attempts to get the S Pen to write again. Not sure if it's maybe the screen protector or something wrong with that Part of the screen, since it seems to happen in certain place like I said. Anyone else having this issue.?
If it's always happening at the same physical part of the screen, I'd look at the screen protector. Sometimes the Snote seems more sensitive than other times, maybe sometimes the signal gets through and not other times.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried out the s pen holder thats for sale for $59.99 made by samsung? Wonder how well that works...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That has happened this me a few times. I have noticed that if you close out of note completely every few hours, it doesn't have that problem.

dsat13

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
this happens to me too,its bcoz of the magnetic interference bw ur case and the Spen nib,i suppose ur case shd b magnetized near the top in landscape mode.Check it.
try writing with ur finger,it shd work or try removing ur case and thn write with S pen n chck.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Dsat13, I haven't had my folio case on it for awhile now. It's still happening and I have a silicone gel case on it. I don't think it's the magnet, since it's not a folio case. It could be the screen protector like J Highnote said, but afraid to take it off, as I only have one left. Plus I just ordered a stylus handpad and it's in the app Draw something that I notice it the most. I did some testing in s note and while it didn't happen as much, might be something to do with the draw something app.

hamidreza81

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
it happened to me too and after examining the problem i found out accidentally the reason. it was because of the magnetic case that i used. so when i changed it the problem had been solved.
but in my case i used it just for about 7 days and then i realized the matter. therefore in case of using it in a longer time i don't know whether it affects the screen or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34