Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default movies on a tablet

Hi everyone, I just got the 10.1 32g note as my first tablet. I was going to get the Asus tf700 but got tired of waiting for them to sift through their problems with jelly bean. I'm glad I gave up on them, I'm very happy with my note.

As for movies, can someone recommend software to transfer movies to an sd card? Also, about how much memory will a movie use?

Thanks

Default Re: movies on a tablet

You can use third party software like Roxio or buy them from the Play Store. Once downloaded from the Play Store, download them to your device. You can do the same on your Android phone without having to buy them again. The amount of space depends upon standard definition versus high definition.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

This software is great. I have converted over 70 dvds that I can watch on my Note (as well as other devices).

DVD Catalyst 4 | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    This software is great. I have converted over 70 dvds that I can watch on my Note (as well as other devices).

DVD Catalyst 4 | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4
    When you convert these dvds, how big are those movie files? And how do you transfer to the tablet? Im having problems converting files larger than 5gb to my micro sd/tablet...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, I just purchased Catalyst 4.

Since they don't list the note, what device did you select, android, ICS or something else?

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Coastalnote View Post
    Thanks, I just purchased Catalyst 4.

Since they don't list the note, what device did you select, android, ICS or something else?
    I don't think it matters that much. I have used Asus Transforner (TF300), because that's what I had at the time (I still have it, actually, I just don't use it that much). I have also used the Motorolla Xoom setting, and, of course, the Galaxy Tab.They all produce an MP4 file that looks great. The average full length movie converts to a 1.2 gb file.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

ROM
    Gnex: Team Bamf Xoom: EOS

I use DVD Fab to rip DVD and Blue Ray discs. It allows you to seat target size and for movies I plan to watch on the tablet I get HD movies down to about 800 Mbs and the quality is just fine. To transferbthem just connect your device or use apps like WiFi Explorer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Droid TV is badass for TV shows and let's you watch them offline after downloading.