Hdmi interface, no sound

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What did I forget?
Connected note 10.1 using samsung hdmi adapter. Got picture but no sound from the external tv. Just from the note. What did I do wrong ?
thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you plug in the power connector? - it is required.
I found that I had to increase the volume on my Sony TV from a normal of about 20 to 50 to get good volume.

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I found the the problem
My vid cable is good for dvd (vid + sound) but not good for tablet (no sound)
New hdmi cable solved the issue

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No. I got it with Samsung's dvd but it is a standard one just the new/current cabel 'model'

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. The Rocketfish HDMI cable doesn't work. Video no sound. Some have recommended turning the volume on the TV to max. Others have suggested audio patch cables through the headphone jack. I just want an HDMI cable that works.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Poitings

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Jesus H Christ are we still dealing with this crap neigh on 2013? There are so many products and variants of products it's like you have to be a bloody engineer to research all the nuances before you buy anything. Most people would have thought a HDMI cable was a HDMI cable. I was wondering why the sound didn't work on mine too. So are there two types and how do you distinguish if it's once that also does sound when you buy one?

ykariv

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got hdmi interface at ebay.it is the original one and work perfect. Just first you have to connect it to the power before conecting to the hdmi cable, otherwise it may not be showed on the tv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance