Anyone have the Samsung keyboard dock yet?
12-14-2012 11:16 PM
- I have been waiting for this to come out for awhile now. It was shown with the Samsung book cover on some website before the release of the galaxy note 10.1. Not sure, but I think it was Engadget. The note had been out for more than two months now, still waiting. It's available in Hong Kong,UK, Australia, and somewhere else, but not in the U.S. yet.
I called Samsung customer support yesterday and they were clueless as to when it might be available here. I asked if I were to buy it from Hong Kong, because on XDA website it says it has the same keyboard layout as US, but she didn't recommend getting that. She said they are region specific. They have them on the Samsung website and on eBay, all looks same as ours as far as layout of the keyboard. Not sure if there would be a language problem with it, the keys are our letters.
Does anyone in the U.S. have one or anyone from across the pond have one that can comment on it? Not sure if I should just be patient and wait for it to be available here. Taking so long for the dang accessories for this thing to come out!
Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums11-07-2012 02:28 AM
- Hi Andy -
Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet with 3G and GSM Phone Enabled (International GT-N8000) and a Samsung Bluetooth S Pen Headset "James Bond" phone stylus pen (HM5100). Can't wait to get started with Andriod (newbie in that regard). I too would like to add an OEM Samsung Charging Keyboard Dock to my Samsung Galaxy package of products. Don't see any matching keyboards offered for sale here in the United States yet either, but I have determined that the correct model number appears to be: EKD-K14...
MobileFun has it, but currently sold out here:
Genuine Samsung Keyboard Dock for Galaxy Note 10.1 - EKD-K14UWEGSTD :: MobileFun.com
I believe this is a UK version and would like to know if there are any differences in the layout when compared to a United States QWERTY keyboard?
Hope to be up and running soon.
Hello and cheers to all!11-15-2012 01:25 PM
- Hi Simplifly, That is a different keyboard layout than the one from Hong Kong, which is the one that looks like the U.S. keyboard layout.
Here is a link to the XDA thread I found where they offer links to see the different Keyboard layouts for the ones available in other countries at the moment. Look at the last post in the thread and the OP gives links for the keyboards and layouts, for UK, Hong Kong, Australia, and Korea.
Samsung keyboard dock? - xda-developers
I looked at the UK layout and some of the characters are different and the layout is a bit different, but if you look at the one in Hong Kong, looks pretty much like the U.S. Keyboard layout.11-15-2012 06:47 PMLike 1
- Thanks for ID'g the Hong Kong model being the one for US (pun intended). Surprised it is all English letters??? Hong Kong, EKD-K14AWEGTGY
Wish the AT&T store would get them in. they have the keyboard dock for the new Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 for a cool $40! In chating with them, they had no idea when the N8000 series keyboard will arrive.11-15-2012 09:12 PM
- I really need a keyboard dock NOW! I'm just not a touch screen only kid of guy. Is there any place I can order the Hong Kong/English model? Samsung shows it on their website:
GALAXY Note 10.1 Keyboard Dock - OVERVIEW
But, I don't see any way to order one there... When I click on "support" to inquire with them, they have no GT-N8000/8010/8013 model listed to reference on the support inquiry. Willing to pay the retail $80US. All I can find are UK versions and I don't want that one. The Hong Kong/United States version is the one I need.
What the heck is the holdup?!11-20-2012 12:45 PM
- Doesn't look like it will be out anytime soon.
Why not just go with a USB one for now? Amazon.com: Worldshopping Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard PU Leather Stand Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet with Free Accessory, Gifts from Worldshopping - Black: Computers & Accessories11-20-2012 04:40 PM
- Yeah, I talked to someone on the Samsung site again last night. It's a no go on any info for when the dock comes out. Kind of aggravating to me that other countries get it, but not us yet. I'm looking into a couple on Amazon right now. These two caught my eye:
Amazon.com: KHOMO Black Grid Texturized Rubber Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000: Electronics
Amazon.com: eWonder(R) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case (Black PU Leather. For Aluminum alternative, search for B00A2ZEMBQ): Electronics
The first one above, The Khomo Brand keyboard/case doesn't have any reviews, so kind of nervous about that one. It does have hard keys though instead of the Soft Silicone style, which I never typed on before. The EWonder Keyboard Case gets decent reviews, but has the silicone style, which again, not sure if I'll like. The one you mentioned socal, doesn't get as good of reviews as the EWonder case, so not sure If I want to try that one or not.
Simplifly - You can probably get the one from Hong Kong on Ebay, that's where I was seeing them and the only thing is it may be a little bit of a wait to get it shipped here. Says it can take two to three weeks. I did order the Stylus Handpad I saw in a thread on this forum for keeping your palm from making marks in certain drawing apps without palm rejection. That came from Hong Kong and I received it in about 8 days, so not long of a wait for that. I can't tell you about getting the dock from there though. Check Ebay and see what the shipping time is on it and the cost.11-20-2012 09:31 PM
- The only model I see on eBay is the Korean one at a whopping $138. Crazy! I also see the UK model, but don;t want that one either. I found a Hong Kong store selling the one I want and am working with them now to see if it is in stock, the right model number and if they will ship to USA. I'll post up if I am successful (less than half that crazy eBay price).11-21-2012 11:47 AM
- Yeah, I hear you. It's really frustrating to me that Samsung is dragging their Behind on getting the KB dock out. I absolutely love my Note 10.1 tablet, but Finding stuff for it is really hard. I might just order one of the Bluetooth Keyboard cases I listed above on Black Friday and take my chances. I mean, I was at Best Buy looking at the Asus Infinity tablet, just because It comes with a Keyboard Dock (Extra money of course), but at least the Asus has that option. I don't want to spend another $500 bucks, plus the keyboard price, just to have a decent keyboard though. I already have a great tablet in the Note 10.1. Asus has a lot of problems though, so probably wouldn't go that route anyway. The Note has been out for a few months now, so why so little accessories for it?! I love my samsung phone and my tablet, but in the future may stay away from Samsung, just because it's so hard to find accessories for the darn stuff!11-21-2012 12:48 PM
- I think Samsung accessories will be more common as time goes by. They have one of the hottest product lines in the Galaxy and Note world wide. Here in America we are somewhat trapped by the carriers because of the "2yr contract" method in place currently. If a product isn't carried by one of the big phone companies then the accessories don;t make it here in a timely mannner or at all. Thank goodness for eBay! Just picked up a New Luxury OEM Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 cover with a latching mechanism that I didn't know was available (posted it in the Book Cover thread).
Anyway, I struck out with these guys listing the keyboard on their sight for $60.49 USD
Samsung Note 10.1 Keyboard Dock
After chatting with them it turns out they don't have any in stock. It is the HK Keyboard Dock for the 10.1 Note, but they picture a dock for a smaller tablet. I'm on their list to be notified when they get them in.
I'll just have to make do with my new OEM luxury cover and stylus for now...11-22-2012 01:48 PM
- Yeah, I forgot to tell you, that if you Google the Exchange rate from Hong Kong to U.S. dollars it's not that much. LOL. I'm glad you're able to talk to someone about it. Let me know how it turns out. Tonight after Thanksgiving, I'm just going to look on Amazon and the Web for any deals on Bluetooth Keyboard cases and try ordering one. I can always return it if I'm not happy with it. I'm going to just have to wait it out for the Samsung Dock, unless you have good luck with the company from Hong Kong. I just worry that even though the letters are english letters on the keyboard, if there will be any problems syncing it or anything. The guy I talked to at Samsung, which usually is clueless anyways, said the docks are Region specific and didn't recommend me getting the Hong Kong Version. So Let me know how it goes. Good luck and Hope you get it soon!
As far as the accessories go, I know they have good products, but had the same problem finding cases for my GS lll phone when it came out and now with the Note Tablet. I never had this problem when I had my Motorola Droid X, of course I didn't get it right when it came out, maybe 4 or 5 months later. So I hope you're right. I do have a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard now that works fine, just hate that I don't have a case that holds the bluetooth Keyboard and the Note as one. Would be much more easy to travel with than the Laptop case full of all my accessories.11-22-2012 02:13 PM
- There is no doubt that this keyboard is cool. However, I would like to recommend one more choice. For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 - 3 In 1 Aluminum Case Stand with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard | JSXL Technology | Making Life Better The more choices,the better for us. It's an Aluminum Case with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 which serves as a best partner for my Galaxy Tab in many ways.It is sold at $44.99 only. Hope my recommendation helps.12-14-2012 08:20 PM
- I was looking at the aluminum keyboards as a very last resort. A guy on youtube did a great review on one, i think it was the XTech Aluminum Keyboard. Two things Make me hesitate to get one. First, The part at the front where the GN slides into by the Space bar, some people said in reviews on amazon, that it gets in the way of typing and using the space bar. Second, the guy on youtube didn't recommend putting it in Portrait mode, since it just leans up against the small pop-up gizmo that holds the GN in place. He said that he was afraid the keyboard wasn't heavy enough and might tip over in Portrait mode. Other than that, he showed how the GN slides into it nice either face down or face up. It would be compact that way. Worry about the Keys hitting the Screen, but I have a screen protector on mine, so not a problem. Then also the GN would be Naked on the back, so would have to use a sleeve or something to hold it and the keyboard to protect it. If my new Kensington Key Folio Pro 2 Universal case doesn't workout for me, then the Kensington KeyFolio Expert may be my next choice and then lastly I'll try the Aluminum Keyboards. The nice thing about the Kensington Expert and the Aluminum keyboards is the GN is Naked, so no problem getting to any ports or the S-Pen. One thing I've already noticed with my Kensington Universal case is hard to get to S-Pen even with the set of small corner holders, but I realized I can take the right side of the Galaxy Note out of the corners easily and just grab the S-Pen when I need it, so not terribly inconvenient.
Of course, I can always wait for the Samsung Keyboard Dock to come out, but may see the end of the world before that happens. LOL. Plus that's just a keyboard and dock, not really a keyboard case.12-14-2012 11:16 PM
- Samsung Android Tablets
- More Samsung Tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Anyone have the Samsung keyboard dock yet?
- By x0jadore in forum Wallpapers, Ringtones, and ThemesReplies: 9Last Post: 12-01-2011, 12:50 AM
- By xxbmw816xx in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 7Last Post: 10-30-2011, 07:27 AM
- By Beezzy in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:58 AM
- By pacedrum69 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 4Last Post: 05-12-2010, 12:53 AM
- By bones10 in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 9Last Post: 03-29-2010, 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD