JB for 10.1 rolling out in Germany

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: JB for 10.1 rolling out in Germeny

Okay im going to say.
When!!!!
WHy are the states going to be the last like always.

I hope this wont be the last update.
I mean we all spent 400+ on this tablet. I dont want to be trading it up in only 4 months LIKE YOU WOULD WITH A HTC PRODUCT.

SAMSUNG PLEASE take a note ffrom htc and keep things updates

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I have to say comparing the GN 10.1 to the new Nexus 10 its tough to buy the GN when the OS is out of date, the specs are lower and you can expect it won't see updates quickly like the Nexus 10 will. The GN apps are nice and so is the S-Pen but is it really worth it?

Terran2045

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Spen is definitely worth looking into. If you go to school or have to take a lot of notes or simply like multitasking, then the GN 10.1 is for you. If you like surfing the net and playing on a tablet, then the spen will not really serve a purpose for you. This tablet has saved my life in college, and makes studying a breeze. I absolutely think every college kid needs the GN 10.1.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

I got rid of the stack of stenopads at work I used for taking notes at meetings thanks to this thing. I also can showcase on the spot my photography to clients for my side job. This thing has been a big help for me.

robcassman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Spen is definitely worth looking into. If you go to school or have to take a lot of notes or simply like multitasking, then the GN 10.1 is for you. If you like surfing the net and playing on a tablet, then the spen will not really serve a purpose for you. This tablet has saved my life in college, and makes studying a breeze. I absolutely think every college kid needs the GN 10.1.

Do you use S Note to take notes? I ask because I cannot keep it open for more than 60 seconds without it freezing and crashing. Are you running 4.0.4?

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you use S Note to take notes? I ask because I cannot keep it open for more than 60 seconds without it freezing and crashing. Are you running 4.0.4?

I have been using SNote for meetings. Working fine. It's never crashed on me. I've had it going for 2 hour meetings.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It would be nice to have Samsung publish the timeline for JB4.1.1 for the GN 10.1 so we would know. I am seriously considering it but there is no sense in rooting and losing all of the S-Pen apps yet I really want the JB experience. Still deciding between the GN 10.1 and the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. Have to check them out in person before I pull the trigger.

Beyond Fire

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
^^ If stylus is not important to you then I would definitely check out the Nexus 10. Aside from having better specs then the 10.1, apparently it's screen beats the pants off of the iPad. Plus it's cheaper then the 10.1. The Note 10.1 is a great tablet and I'm sure once it gets JB it will be even better but I do kinda wish I held out a little for the N10. Oh well I'll wait for the Asus Transformer Prime Nexus or whatever :p

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Between the Note 2, and Note 10.1, I hardly ever use an actual pen and paper anymore.

The S-Note app has worked great for me, with no crashes I can think of.

During meetings I take extensive notes, sometimes 8,9,10 pages long. I can highlight notes within the app, and save my electronic notes into folders and sub-folders for easy reference later.

There are other tablets that are good at what they do, but for the student, business person, teacher, at home mom (or dad), or anyone who takes a lot of notes the Note 10.1 has a value the others can't emulate.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

bkflaherty

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You all are crazy! GN 10.1 has only been out 3 months and you are complaining about updates. Can you share with me a company that is throwing out updates as soon as the next firmware upgrade is out? The only items that happens to is the Nexus line. No other manufacturer continually updates as soon as the next Android Firm ware is out. It takes time to program and make sure it works correctly on the device, before they throw it out there. I personally am glad they are taking their time, because if they threw it out there like you want them to, the next thread on here is how this POS doesn?t work, they can?t get C%$P right. I am leaving for Toshiba, so I can wait a year and a half for an upgrade.

Chill out, if it were more than 6 months for a firmware upgrade, I would complain, but until then, relax.

gev75

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

See the post in this forum about S Note crashing after the last update. If you watch the video that the guy created, it will show you how to setup the handwriting options to get it to work correctly with palm rejection. I have set mine up just like this and used S Note in the same way and it no longer crashes. The "complete recognition" option is the key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2