- 6 Posts
Charging with extension
I had a USB extension cable that worked with my Asus Slider. When I use it with the Galaxy 10.1 it shows charging. If it's turned off, the tablet charges fine. However, if I'm using the tablet while it's charging, the battery actually loses its charge - even though the charging icon shows. Anyone else have this issue / is there a fix? The standard cable is so short it only can be used when the tablet is off.
- 11-08-2012, 09:42 PM #2
- 299 Posts
Re: Charging with extension
I think this is related to how much current the cable will carry.
Tablet chargers are typically 2 Amps. A lower current will charge it but more slowly. This is probably why you're still discharging while plugged in.
I use a standard $1 extension cord and plug the charger and the short cable into that.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- 11-09-2012, 01:46 AM #3
- 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM #4
- By djtarique in forum EVO AccessoriesReplies: 42Last Post: 06-21-2012, 12:49 PM
- By RSM325 in forum Motorola Droid ProReplies: 8Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:57 AM
- By CLAYPOOLS in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 10Last Post: 03-18-2011, 08:04 AM
- By GeneDoc in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 4Last Post: 02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
- By hal1963 in forum Sprint Epic 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 11-01-2010, 12:58 PM