Charging with extension

gman18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a USB extension cable that worked with my Asus Slider. When I use it with the Galaxy 10.1 it shows charging. If it's turned off, the tablet charges fine. However, if I'm using the tablet while it's charging, the battery actually loses its charge - even though the charging icon shows. Anyone else have this issue / is there a fix? The standard cable is so short it only can be used when the tablet is off.

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I think this is related to how much current the cable will carry.
Tablet chargers are typically 2 Amps. A lower current will charge it but more slowly. This is probably why you're still discharging while plugged in.

I use a standard $1 extension cord and plug the charger and the short cable into that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I think this is related to how much current the cable will carry.
Tablet chargers are typically 2 Amps. A lower current will charge it but more slowly. This is probably why you're still discharging while plugged in.

I use a standard $1 extension cord and plug the charger and the short cable into that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I agree this can also happen if many things are going on and draining the power....this was and still is a battle with my phone.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums