Connecting to Adhoc wifi networks from Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

PaulMacc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

After some searching and trying various apps I haven't been able to get my note to recognise adoc wifi networks (i.e. my phone).

I only bought the wifi version thinking I can just use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

I have installed joikuspot on my Nokia N8 to turn my phone into a wifi hotspot which works just fine and can be used by my laptop for example; however my Samsung Note cant find it.

I have read some posts saying you have to root your device however I am wary of going this route.

Can anybody recommend an app that will let my note see adhoc wifi networks?

Many Thanks
Paul

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't need an app if your doesn't keep changing its ssid.
Just go to setting make sure WiFi hotspot on for the phone and turn on WiFi for tablet. Next in the top right of the tablet is add network, choose this and add in all the info about the hotspot.....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

PaulMacc

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Thanks for the reply but that doesn't work for me. I switched off security on my phones WiFi and still no joy.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

Paul.

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it connect tony WiFi at all? I know my fist phone and then my first Bluetooth headset were busted and couldn't connect to WiFi or to each other.
Just walk around the neighbor hood and find an open WiFi and see if it connects ...if so then it's just doesn't like you phone. If you know there is a open WiFi and still can't connect the it be a bad tablet.

Open WiFi areas:
Starbucks
AT&T
Sam's club
Malls

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why it's not working for you? I also own the Galaxy Note 2, and use it as a hotspot to connect my Note 10.1 at work since we don't have wifi in my building.

See first device listed. It's the Note 10.1 connected to my phone as I type this email. It must be a setting somewhere since I know it works.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352941908694.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352941908694.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't connect because it is blocked by your phones carrier intentionally. For instance I have Verizon where you have to pay something like $10 more a month for the tether feature.To get around that all you need to do is install pdanet tablet version on your tablet and foxfi and on your phone. That is how I tether them together. Both apps are free and are simple to use. It even lets you connect through bluetooth.

Max Dittmar

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that he can connect to WiFi Networks but only to Access Point networks(routers, mobile hotspots, etc) but not to ad hoc(different type). The reason is unknown and I think it may change in a software update but there is no safe alternative unfortunately, I have a Galaxy S3 and an iPad and my iPad can connect to my internet and printer (both ad hoc networks) but not my phone. I would propose buying a router. That is what I am going to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user