- 11 Posts
Rooted -- now I want the Jellybean upgrade
I very recently rooted and installed CMD on my tablet. Now I have a notice that I can get jellybean upgrade ota. I hear that the upgrade may wipe out my root, which wouldn't be good for me. Has anyone had experience with this -- a rooted tablet that needs the upgrade. (I tried the Vodoo Rootsaver, and it says specifically that it won't work on the Samgsung tablet.)
Is my best bet to restore the tablet to stock and then get the upgrade and then re-root? If so, can someone direct me to very simple instructions on how to restore out-of-the-box status?
Thanks very much.
- 11-23-2012, 06:32 PM #2
- 2,869 Posts
- Stock .4.1.1
Re: Rooted -- now I want the Jellybean upgrade
I have always felt it was best to go back stock before doing too many crazy things that incorporate an update. Most importantly when switching from one ROM to another. I take it you are in Germany since that appears to be the only JB country so far.
- By kelnhofer in forum Vivid Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 32Last Post: 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM
- By Flyguide83 in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 02-21-2012, 03:22 AM
- By kelnhofer in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 27Last Post: 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
- By OHHitsKB in forum T-Mobile VibrantReplies: 4Last Post: 08-31-2010, 02:26 PM
- By znep in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 7Last Post: 06-07-2010, 11:42 PM