Would Love to move the bottom System Bar!

jammasterkx2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I would like to move the System Bar(bottom notification area) to the left side of the screen. Or even top similar to my droid phone.
I then could use my left thumb, fingers to navigate.

I find it difficult to navigate on the current System Bar while holding the Note 10.1.
I'm holding it on the sides in landscape mode.

I'm coming from an iPad where I was used to the home button.

TitanG

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you on this one. I don't understand why the Galaxy Siii has the system bar upstairs and the Galaxy Note 10.1 (or any Galaxy tablet) is down. Think the experience should be the same across the board or atleast allow you to customize according to your likes.

jsimpson66

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I use a program called "Fullscreen" from the Play Store. when active, the status bar is hidden giving use of two unobtrusive pie-menus, customizable, tucked into selectable corners.

Buji

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That looks terrific! Any problems with it? I'm not rooted but I would for that. Do you lose access to the multi window launch caret?

jsimpson66

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You do lose access to the multi-window icon. However, my reason for using fullscreen (note taking/remove system bar so not accidentally touching) has beed eliminated by the note taking app I am now using. It's called Lecture Notes, and has the option to hide the system bar, although it still requires root.

Posted via Android Central App

bryan_cfii

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Lecture Notes has a hide the system bar option?! I use Lecture Notes and haven't seen it! I also didn't have to root. Are you using a different version or something? I know Full!screen does.
I had to make a glove for my wrist and hand so I wasn't activating menu's constantly in lecture...

creatiVeronica

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
So, has anyone found a way to get rid of the stinkin' status bar without rooting their Note 10.1? I down to my last nerve with this "inadvertently-touching-the-status-bar-EVERY-time-I-use-my-tablet" thing! I wish I could root for this reason only, but right now, I can't afford to void the warranty. :mad:

bryan_cfii

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
If you find a way, let me know will ya? Samsungs got that part locked up pretty tight. Rooting seems to be the only option at least tight now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22