Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    So a little background, I am a new Android convert. Coming from iOS. Tried Android in the past but never commited to it like I am now. Android FTW! Anyway since I just got my Galaxy S3 about a month ago I have stopped using my iPad. Partially because I am not sure how I didn't get sick of iOS sooner and partially because it doesn't sync with anything on my GS3. So for Christmas I am wanting an Android Tablet. However, I need help, I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 but I am concerned about the low screen resolution. Nexus 10 is out of the question cause coming from iOS I want flexibility in the hardware as well as the software. So should I let the low screen resolution scare me away or is it still an awesome tablet that is still good to read and watch videos on? Help and input is greatly appreciated!


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    I've got the same combo of gs3 and note 10.1. I also have a Nexus 7. The resolution is definitely noticeable but I wouldn't call it bad.
    I focus more on usability and I think the Note 10.1 is great. The lower resolution isn't distracting for me.
    The upcoming Jelly Bean update will add some really good multitasking capabilities too.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckeeDroid View Post
    I've got the same combo of gs3 and note 10.1. I also have a Nexus 7. The resolution is definitely noticeable but I wouldn't call it bad.
    I focus more on usability and I think the Note 10.1 is great. The lower resolution isn't distracting for me.
    The upcoming Jelly Bean update will add some really good multitasking capabilities too.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
    So when you read text or watch a video on it it isn't that noticeable?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgsman7 View Post
    So when you read text or watch a video on it it isn't that noticeable?

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
    Video, no. I haven't done a side by side though.
    You'll notice the text is fuzzier compared to the sg3 but it doesn't bother me.

    Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    royeight likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Well I was in Tesco yesterday and I had a look at the 10.1 and I seemed disappointed, I like devices thAt have a high ppi. Some people aren't bothered but I am, and I honestly thought it had the same ppi as the iPad 3/4 but it was worse, I am not sure about video but I didn't like the text

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidS3 View Post
    Well I was in Tesco yesterday and I had a look at the 10.1 and I seemed disappointed, I like devices thAt have a high ppi. Some people aren't bothered but I am, and I honestly thought it had the same ppi as the iPad 3/4 but it was worse, I am not sure about video but I didn't like the text

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    So someone whose an ex iOS user and used Retina displays for sometime...would that be a get something higher res? I am really not an HD die hard but I do have my limits to screen clarity and resolution I guess.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Well,

    I do have the same combination (SG3 and Note 10.1) as well the iPad 3 (which I am using never...my girlfriend uses it from time to time) and the Acer A500. The lower resolution doesn't bother me at all. In fact very few Android tablets do have a HD resolution and so does the Note 10.1. The problem of all the bad reviews about the Note's display come from the comparison to HD tablets. And for a non HD tablet it is on par with all the other Android tablets.

    best

    Jochen
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen Flach View Post
    Well,

    I do have the same combination (SG3 and Note 10.1) as well the iPad 3 (which I am using never...my girlfriend uses it from time to time) and the Acer A500. The lower resolution doesn't bother me at all. In fact very few Android tablets do have a HD resolution and so does the Note 10.1. The problem of all the bad reviews about the Note's display come from the comparison to HD tablets. And for a non HD tablet it is on par with all the other Android tablets.

    best

    Jochen
    I agree. The more I look for an alternative that has an HD resolution the more I find with same resolution as the Note 10.1. Only 2 seem to be Asus Transformer Infinity Pad and the Nexus 10. Not crazy about either of them. Asus has questionable quality is what I have heard tablet wise and Nexus has no expandable storage. One reason I didnt want a Nexus phone either. Haha. Thank you for your help!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    I also have the GS3, Note 10.1 combo. I do notice the lower resolution on the Note 10.1 but I came from a Asus Transformer Infinity Prime. Also, I geek the hell out on resolution quality. That being said, it doesn't bother me because the Note 10.1 is that good of a device. I have had the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the Infinity Prime, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, the Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 2, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE and the GS3 (yeah, I know. The last few are phones, but stick with me for a second.....) and the Note 10.1 is far and away my most used Andriod device I have had. Love it! Great device! If you think you're going to hate the resolution, buy the device at Best Buy, treat it like you would a new-born child for a week and if you don't like it, take it back. (Best Buy has always treated me very well as I have been through about 10-15 tablets until I found the one that I was completely satisfied with. Strangely enough, that tablet is the Note 10.1 and I have only had one of those. [I went through 6 Tab 10.1's until I found one that worked to my liking, 3 Infinity Primes and one Tab 2 7.0. I only took the Tab2 7.0 back because I discovered the Note 10.1])
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    I have the Note 10.1 and the GS3. I read my school textbooks on the Note 10.1, and I love it. The resolution is perfectly fine as far as i'm concerned. I also watch Netflix on it, and my wireless is a little slow at times, so at the start it's quite blurry but within a few seconds it sharpens up and looks fantastic for the remainder of the show. I absolutely love the Note 10.1 because it does things that no other tablet does. I can't see the point now of buying a tablet that doesn't have the functionality of the S-Pen. Of course, I also never had an ounce of interest in tablets until the Note 10.1 came along. But I recommend it to anyone who needs a tablet for multiple real world uses. If you only want a tablet to consume media like movies and books, then go with the higher resolution. But if you want a tablet for creating things such as notes, having customers sign documents, and creating other documents, the Note is the way to go.
    Thanked by 2:
    Srjacobs1 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by kingnothing View Post
    I also have the GS3, Note 10.1 combo. I do notice the lower resolution on the Note 10.1 but I came from a Asus Transformer Infinity Prime. Also, I geek the hell out on resolution quality. That being said, it doesn't bother me because the Note 10.1 is that good of a device. I have had the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the Infinity Prime, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, the Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 2, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE and the GS3 (yeah, I know. The last few are phones, but stick with me for a second.....) and the Note 10.1 is far and away my most used Andriod device I have had. Love it! Great device! If you think you're going to hate the resolution, buy the device at Best Buy, treat it like you would a new-born child for a week and if you don't like it, take it back. (Best Buy has always treated me very well as I have been through about 10-15 tablets until I found the one that I was completely satisfied with. Strangely enough, that tablet is the Note 10.1 and I have only had one of those. [I went through 6 Tab 10.1's until I found one that worked to my liking, 3 Infinity Primes and one Tab 2 7.0. I only took the Tab2 7.0 back because I discovered the Note 10.1])
    First off, your evil monkey avi...love it! Thank you for your input that really helps! Especially since you geek out on screen resolution too. I had tried the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 and took it back cause it was still on Honeycomb when I tried and it kept crashing so I wasn't crazy bout it. But if the Note 10.1 is as reliable as my GS3 (love this phone!) Then I for sure want a Samsung tablet to go with my phone. Glad to hear I am not the only one picky on my devices too! Haha ^_^

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    Who?'s Avatar

    Posts
    391 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    My main concern with buying a Note 10.1 isn't the resolution by itself, it's the resolution vs. the price. I was hoping for cheaper Black Friday pricing than just $449 for the 16gb version (the 32gb version seems pointless because of the microsd slot). I would love to get a Note 10.1, but to me it just seems too expensive for the resolution that it has, especially since I would plan on using it as my main tablet for 18 months. I wanted to buy a 10.1; I went to Best Buy three times in the first two weeks to play with it, but I couldn't pull the trigger. So for now I guess I'm waiting for the next 10.1 or a Windows 8 tablet.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I have the Note 10.1 and the GS3. I read my school textbooks on the Note 10.1, and I love it. The resolution is perfectly fine as far as i'm concerned. I also watch Netflix on it, and my wireless is a little slow at times, so at the start it's quite blurry but within a few seconds it sharpens up and looks fantastic for the remainder of the show. I absolutely love the Note 10.1 because it does things that no other tablet does. I can't see the point now of buying a tablet that doesn't have the functionality of the S-Pen. Of course, I also never had an ounce of interest in tablets until the Note 10.1 came along. But I recommend it to anyone who needs a tablet for multiple real world uses. If you only want a tablet to consume media like movies and books, then go with the higher resolution. But if you want a tablet for creating things such as notes, having customers sign documents, and creating other documents, the Note is the way to go.
    Awesome! Thanks for the input! Haha Netflix will for sure be an app thats on it but my Internet isn't really good enough to do full HD anyway.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by whatwhat View Post
    My main concern with buying a Note 10.1 isn't the resolution by itself, it's the resolution vs. the price. I was hoping for cheaper Black Friday pricing than just $449 for the 16gb version (the 32gb version seems pointless because of the microsd slot). I would love to get a Note 10.1, but to me it just seems too expensive for the resolution that it has, especially since I would plan on using it as my main tablet for 18 months. I wanted to buy a 10.1; I went to Best Buy three times in the first two weeks to play with it, but I couldn't pull the trigger. So for now I guess I'm waiting for the next 10.1 or a Windows 8 tablet.
    I completely understand your point. I really do. My only thought as I read your post was to determine if the wacam digitizer with 1024 levels of sensitivity and S-pen features make up for that cost. I know for some people, it simply is not enough. But for me it is beyond worth it because I use it in church meetings for notes, I use it for school notes, and I also absolutely love it when it comes to twitter and netflix.

    I just think you buy a tablet that doesn't have the S-pen, and really the only reason you'd be buying it is for the display definition. Because the Note 10.1 does all the same things as those other tablets, except it offers the added bonus of the digitizer and s pen at the expense of full HD. But watching youtube and netflix on it, it is a better display than my tv has.
    J HighNote likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgsman7 View Post
    So a little background, I am a new Android convert. Coming from iOS. Tried Android in the past but never commited to it like I am now. Android FTW! Anyway since I just got my Galaxy S3 about a month ago I have stopped using my iPad. Partially because I am not sure how I didn't get sick of iOS sooner and partially because it doesn't sync with anything on my GS3. So for Christmas I am wanting an Android Tablet. However, I need help, I like the Galaxy Note 10.1 but I am concerned about the low screen resolution. Nexus 10 is out of the question cause coming from iOS I want flexibility in the hardware as well as the software. So should I let the low screen resolution scare me away or is it still an awesome tablet that is still good to read and watch videos on? Help and input is greatly appreciated!


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
    I waited years for the Galaxy Note phone because I wanted a large screen to be able to get on the internet when I was out and about. When the Note tablet came along I was intrigued but really felt my Note phone was so awesome I really didn't need a tablet too. One Saturday, about two weeks after the Note 10.1 was launched, I read one too many reviews and messages on here about how awesome the features were and I raced to Best Buy to grab one of my own. You should know that I usually research a purchase to the nth degree and I didn't do it with this one. I can't tell you how it compares, resolution wise/HD wise, to anything else. But I can tell you that my 50 plus year old eyes find the resolution to be great. I can read for hours without eye strain. I can watch video for hours without eyestrain. Clarity of the screen is very important to me, and I think the 10.1 is fine but I didn't compare it side by side with anything. I did try two screen protectors and both of them cut down on the detail of the screen enough so that I took them off. Is it possible the one that disappointed you had a screen protector on it? The tablet does two things that make it priceless, it truly multi-tasks with side by side windows. It has the Spen for notes and gathering information off the web. You can play videos on one side while checking email on the other (or in a pop up video player with something else on full screen). I can grab pieces of a web page and literally slide it to a note to keep in a home project "book". I can take a picture of something I see in a store and write a note on the picture and send it to my contractor. Honestly, I wouldn't trade either of my notes for anything, well, I'd be willing to trade my Note phone for the new Note 2 but that's about it.
    Thanked by:
    LegalAmerican likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I waited years for the Galaxy Note phone because I wanted a large screen to be able to get on the internet when I was out and about. When the Note tablet came along I was intrigued but really felt my Note phone was so awesome I really didn't need a tablet too. One Saturday, about two weeks after the Note 10.1 was launched, I read one too many reviews and messages on here about how awesome the features were and I raced to Best Buy to grab one of my own. You should know that I usually research a purchase to the nth degree and I didn't do it with this one. I can't tell you how it compares, resolution wise/HD wise, to anything else. But I can tell you that my 50 plus year old eyes find the resolution to be great. I can read for hours without eye strain. I can watch video for hours without eyestrain. Clarity of the screen is very important to me, and I think the 10.1 is fine but I didn't compare it side by side with anything. I did try two screen protectors and both of them cut down on the detail of the screen enough so that I took them off. Is it possible the one that disappointed you had a screen protector on it? The tablet does two things that make it priceless, it truly multi-tasks with side by side windows. It has the Spen for notes and gathering information off the web. You can play videos on one side while checking email on the other (or in a pop up video player with something else on full screen). I can grab pieces of a web page and literally slide it to a note to keep in a home project "book". I can take a picture of something I see in a store and write a note on the picture and send it to my contractor. Honestly, I wouldn't trade either of my notes for anything, well, I'd be willing to trade my Note phone for the new Note 2 but that's about it.
    Awesome! I am like you and research and watch numerous YouTube videos before I decide on any electronic. Didn't take me to long to decide on my Galaxy S3 though. I fell in love with that pretty fast. Thanks for your help. I am probably also going to replace my Kindle with it too as I would rather have one device than 2 so hearing that you can read on it without eye strain helps me a lot! Was one of my worries as I am constantly checking tech news sites (Android Central anyone?) and so I would be reading that stuff too a lot too.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgsman7 View Post
    Awesome! I am like you and research and watch numerous YouTube videos before I decide on any electronic. Didn't take me to long to decide on my Galaxy S3 though. I fell in love with that pretty fast. Thanks for your help. I am probably also going to replace my Kindle with it too as I would rather have one device than 2 so hearing that you can read on it without eye strain helps me a lot! Was one of my worries as I am constantly checking tech news sites (Android Central anyone?) and so I would be reading that stuff too a lot too.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
    This site is the #1 reason I use internet on my Note 10.1, and it does a great job. In fact I prefer to read this site on my Note than on my laptop. But I also use the Android Central Forums app and that is fantastic as well. I just set the Font to large and I love it. Again, I use mine primarily for schoolwork and I figure if I can read chapter after chapter after chapter of International Politics without eye strain, most people should be able to as well. I didn't bring my Note to work today and now i'm missing it...........blast.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    This site is the #1 reason I use internet on my Note 10.1, and it does a great job. In fact I prefer to read this site on my Note than on my laptop. But I also use the Android Central Forums app and that is fantastic as well. I just set the Font to large and I love it. Again, I use mine primarily for schoolwork and I figure if I can read chapter after chapter after chapter of International Politics without eye strain, most people should be able to as well. I didn't bring my Note to work today and now i'm missing it...........blast.
    Dang.... I bet it misses you too!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
  19. #19  
    QBert's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    I had a situation a couple days ago that pretty much sums up why I got the Note 10.1. I was at a business meeting, and before the meeting started, someone was showing off his iPad (not sure which generation it was) and this cool game he could play. Then the meeting started and I whipped out my Note 10.1. Meeting lasted about an hour, and I was taking notes using the handwriting to text, inserting drawings, etc. When the meeting was over, he asked me what app I use for taking notes, and I had to explain that it was called SNote and exclusive to Samsung tablets. Now, I'm sure that there are note taking apps for iPads (I know there are), but none as powerful as using the Note 10.1 digitizer. I bought the Note to take notes, and as a web and media consumption device as secondary. Watching videos works just fine for me; I don't have any problems with the resolution, but at the same time it is my first tablet so I don't have anything to compare it to. I watched a couple movies I rented from the Play store on it recently and found I had to adjust the brightness from "Auto" but otherwise I was happy with it. I am still playing around with sharing files with my S3... I also just ordered the Samsung wireless hub to plug into my HDTV, and I'm REALLY looking forward to testing that out!

    Bottom line, the Note 10.1 is great at what it is intended for, but still does the other stuff really well.

    Hope this helps someone...
    Thanked by:
    Xertion3 and J HighNote like this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by sgsman7 View Post
    Awesome! I am like you and research and watch numerous YouTube videos before I decide on any electronic. Didn't take me to long to decide on my Galaxy S3 though. I fell in love with that pretty fast. Thanks for your help. I am probably also going to replace my Kindle with it too as I would rather have one device than 2 so hearing that you can read on it without eye strain helps me a lot! Was one of my worries as I am constantly checking tech news sites (Android Central anyone?) and so I would be reading that stuff too a lot too.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T using Tapatalk 2...pebble blue, in case your wondering the color. XD
    There are lots of reviews out there that compare the 10.1 to various tablets. Unfortunately, now and then you can see some bias when it's being compared to iPads. Some of the reviews have said there are a few tablets that might have higher resolution that if all you wanted a tablet for was using as a portable video player, they might be worth considering. All I can say is that I NEVER would have thought the S pen and S notes would have become such an integral part of my life, but they really have. I'm not by nature a very organized person and my note phone was a transformation. The whole appeal of the Note 10.1 was that it was my Note phone supersized with even MORE awesome features! It was reading the folks on here, who are for the most part a phenomenal bunch, and seeing their first hand experiences that drove me to Best Buy for the 10.1. I no longer have a purse full of sticky notes, print outs with things scribbled on the back, only to become lost or thrown out. I keep my Notes, phone and tablet, with me at all times and my purse is still lighter than when it was stuffed with various papers. As for the price, pair it with a bluetooth keyboard and it's a laptop that's very portable. I just don't think you can beat the value.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
  21. #21  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    I picked up the GN 10.1 about a week ago and coming from an iPad 3 the screen resolution is a big difference and I am on the fence about keeping it or sending it back and waiting a bit. Fortunately i have a GN2 from Verizon arriving on Thursday so I won't be without anything for long. The lack of expansion on the Nexus does bother me to a point but I also feel I would see more support for a Nexus tablet than others over time. Tough decisions indeed.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I picked up the GN 10.1 about a week ago and coming from an iPad 3 the screen resolution is a big difference and I am on the fence about keeping it or sending it back and waiting a bit. Fortunately i have a GN2 from Verizon arriving on Thursday so I won't be without anything for long. The lack of expansion on the Nexus does bother me to a point but I also feel I would see more support for a Nexus tablet than others over time. Tough decisions indeed.
    This is definitely a good counter-point to everything we have been saying. Because if you are very accustomed to the Retina displays, it might be a deal breaker for you to switch to the Note display. I will say that as someone who has not used the Retina for more than a few minutes here and there, I think the Note display is beyond adequate. In fact I am still quite impressed by it as are my friends and family when they see me using it. I said it in a previous comment, and I will say it here again....If the S Pen and S Note function is not your primary reason for considering this tablet, you could probably get one with a better screen for a similar price elsewhere. However, if the note taking aspect is a big deal to you, there is absolutely nothing else on the market that will beat the value of this tablet. You might find a $1200.00 tablet somewhere that I am not aware of that may have similar features, but this tablet is amazing.

    It really can do everything that other tablets can do, except it also has all the added features that other tablets do not have. And I should also stress that this display is anything but trash. It's just whether or not you can handle 720 instead of 1080. With quad core and 2 GB of Ram, it's tough to go wrong.
    Thanked by:
    J HighNote likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I picked up the GN 10.1 about a week ago and coming from an iPad 3 the screen resolution is a big difference and I am on the fence about keeping it or sending it back and waiting a bit. Fortunately i have a GN2 from Verizon arriving on Thursday so I won't be without anything for long. The lack of expansion on the Nexus does bother me to a point but I also feel I would see more support for a Nexus tablet than others over time. Tough decisions indeed.

    So what did you decide?:-)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #24  
    thoots's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    The iPad Retina Display has a higher resolution than does MY 24-INCH MONITOR. It is a higher resolution than what is considered be "high definition" television.

    Oh, heck yes, you just NEED to have that super-high resolution. Sheesh.

    If you look at the resolution for higher-end displays, whether stand-alone monitors or built into notebook computers, the Galaxy Note 10.1's resolution is absolutely, completely in the ballpark for its screen size. It truly is an appropriate "high resolution" display for a 10-inch screen.

    But, if you want to pay a whole lot more for something that has a higher resolution screen, yet lacks minor details like the S-Pen, microSD storage expansion, and so on, then whoopee -- go ahead and get that super-high-resolution screen that really won't make a difference in your every-day use of a tablet.

    Part of the Galaxy Note 10.1's screen has to do with the digitizer that allows the S-Pen to work, so always bear that in mind. Otherwise, a higher resolution really doesn't give you anything that's really "useful" while you use a tablet -- it's just something that costs you more, or costs so much that they have to leave out other features that you might find to be actually useful in your every-day use of the tablet.

    So, I think the Galaxy Note 10.1's resolution is just fine -- it's a high-resolution display that's 100% appropriate for the screen size.

    thoots
    Thanked by 4:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    tdkirk7's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default Re: Screen res on the Note 10.1 that bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by thoots View Post
    The iPad Retina Display has a higher resolution than does MY 24-INCH MONITOR. It is a higher resolution than what is considered be "high definition" television.

    Oh, heck yes, you just NEED to have that super-high resolution. Sheesh.

    If you look at the resolution for higher-end displays, whether stand-alone monitors or built into notebook computers, the Galaxy Note 10.1's resolution is absolutely, completely in the ballpark for its screen size. It truly is an appropriate "high resolution" display for a 10-inch screen.

    But, if you want to pay a whole lot more for something that has a higher resolution screen, yet lacks minor details like the S-Pen, microSD storage expansion, and so on, then whoopee -- go ahead and get that super-high-resolution screen that really won't make a difference in your every-day use of a tablet.

    Part of the Galaxy Note 10.1's screen has to do with the digitizer that allows the S-Pen to work, so always bear that in mind. Otherwise, a higher resolution really doesn't give you anything that's really "useful" while you use a tablet -- it's just something that costs you more, or costs so much that they have to leave out other features that you might find to be actually useful in your every-day use of the tablet.

    So, I think the Galaxy Note 10.1's resolution is just fine -- it's a high-resolution display that's 100% appropriate for the screen size.

    thoots
    Awesome answer! Thanks for your input!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cut and paste in the S Note (on Galaxy Note 10.1)?
    By pegert in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 07:41 PM
  2. Why I think the plastic backing on the Note 10.1 is intentional...
    By ARossetter in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
  3. printing on the note 10.1
    By pam borsch in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
  4. Any info on the 4.1 update for the note 10.1?
    By Srjacobs1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
  5. Screen quality in the sun, really that bad?
    By mikedaub in forum Google / HTC Nexus One
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 09:28 PM

Posting Permissions

B