1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question snote icons - is there a way of getting them back if you've accidentally exited them?

Just got my Samsung note 10.1 today and on snote I accidentally exited one of the icons for the shapes and text, is there a way of getting these back, additionally I have no pen colour icon and my pen will not hover. any advice? Thankyou

Default Re: snote icons - is there a way of getting them back if you've accidentally exited them?

Shannon, I think you might be starting an S note from a different templates. I usually use the idea note because it seems to have more options. If you do a long tap, or a hold on the pen icon at the upper left area you should get the pen settings. From idea note and note (and some of the others), you'll see that odd shape icon that lets you pick whether you're doing formulas or shapes. As for the hovering pen that previews some things, that setting is found by tapping the lower left corner where your battery, wifi and clock are, then tap settings. You'll find the "pen" in the system group. When the pen settings menu opens, the top one should be checked for the hovering pen icon. I know, it's a lot to learn but you'll have a blast exploring it all. Just learn from my mistakes, don't hit delete unless you really really mean it! And send anything important to your own email address. Enjoy your wonderful new note!

Default Re: snote icons - is there a way of getting them back if you've accidentally exited them?

Just thought of something, when you're REALLY new, you might find the manual helpful.... It's on here > under the download tab.

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

I'd like you to show me just where in that manual it describes what the OP is asking about..

I didn't say that it did or did I want to even imply that I would prefer her to read that rather than ask questions on here. I simply thought it might be helpful. If you don't think it is, you're welcome to ignore it. In case you really want the page number, it's on page 31.

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

Most often manuals only give you very basic information on apps, especially 3rd party apps. And you need to go through the tutorials....even those can be a bit sparse.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |

Global Posts
    2,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

Also. By trial and error I found that you can add the shortcuts back by clicking on the + tab.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |

+ button on my S-note adds a new note. How do you add or remove icons that OP is talking about? I didn't know it was possible. As J HighNote mentioned, icons are different depending on template.