How do I delete bookmark folders, please?

Greg Coltman

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I thought this would be straightforward but I can't figure it out. I can delete individual bookmarks but I can't see how to remove any folders.
For example - I have a folder called 'films' that I have a few film websites in. I can delete the sites but I can't remove the 'films' folder.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Kind regards
Greg

Greg Coltman

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
90 views so far and no-one knows how to do this???
I think I'd be better off taking it back and getting an iPad. I thought Samsung was a good make to go with for my first tablet :(

as722

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I just added a "test" folder just to see how it was done. To delete it I went to bookmarks and pressed the folder till a window appeared with the delete option.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
90 views so far and no-one knows how to do this???
I think I'd be better off taking it back and getting an iPad. I thought Samsung was a good make to go with for my first tablet :(
Don't get discouraged, 100's of people seem to view these threads, it takes a day or so until folks come on like AS722 who know the answer. The 10.1 is my first tablet too and reading the threads on here has been an enormous help to me. I hope you continue to enjoy your Note 10.1.

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I use ADW Launcher, which does not support Folders (boo).. so I have no idea how to delete folders since I can't even make them myself!

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about a bookmark/Folder on the home screen or on the Apps Screen? of a bookmark/folder somewhere else?

Hi,
I thought this would be straightforward but I can't figure it out. I can delete individual bookmarks but I can't see how to remove any folders.
For example - I have a folder called 'films' that I have a few film websites in. I can delete the sites but I can't remove the 'films' folder.

I'd really appreciate any help.
Kind regards
Greg

Bill Robbins

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm also new to the Note 10.1. I created a folder on the apps screen thinking that it would work like my smartphone in creating folders and dragging shortcuts to the new folder. Unfortunately, I drag the empty folder to the trashcan but it will not delete. Any suggestions. Thanks.

qoo

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Go to the App page -->Top right corner of the screen drop the menu --> Edit --> Hold the file you want removed it will show the trash can at the top center of the screen and drag it there

Inse van houts

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
it's simple, but nobody knows what you are talking about: if you want to delete the "samsung mobile" bookmark folder, you have to go into settings > application manager and disable com.android.providers.partner.. thats it
PS: i know this topic is 1 year old, but its the first result in google when you search for this issue.

shagmasta

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Open up chrome, top right corner there is a button (looks like 3 boxes on xperia should be same on Samsung) go to Bookmarks, look for the folder you created and hold your finger on it and drag it to the trash can on the top.

Vickm

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Just found this while googling then found a video of how. Minimise I.e put fingers together like on phone accross the screen then it brings up all of the home screen folders then you can drag each to the bin.

Lconnie

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Just for those still looking, the only way I found to delete bookmark folders on the Galaxy Note 10.1 is to minimize the browser screen, select the parent folder of the folder you want to delete and, on the right, press and hold the folder you want to delete, and a box comes up to select "delete folder." Does not happen in full screen mode, only when using the smaller screen setting. Got to this, finally, by reading the latest entry re moving them to trash icon. Very weird.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon