Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Jelly bean 4.2 on our Note 10.1?

I know our Note 10.1s are getting Jellybean 2.1 with the premium suite. Does anyone know if Jellybean 4.2 will also be coming to our tablets? I ask because of the multiple user feature that it has on the Nexus tablets and am hoping to have that feature on the Note 10.1 tablet.

Default Re: Jelly bean 4.2 on our Note 10.1?

Quote Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
    I know our Note 10.1s are getting Jellybean 2.1 with the premium suite. Does anyone know if Jellybean 4.2 will also be coming to our tablets? I ask because of the multiple user feature that it has on the Nexus tablets and am hoping to have that feature on the Note 10.1 tablet.
    A review I read today said maybe JANUARY! Everything else so far said this year so it might have gotten pushed back a bit. What's the multi user function? I don't think I've heard of that.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

It is where you can have different users log into the tablet and have their own settings, preferences etc. Like with Windows

I seriously doubt were going to get jb at all or wed already have it, another Samsung joke
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Jelly bean already has been rolled out to the European 10.1 notes

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

I got my note 10.1 a few days ago and I just went to options and tried to update the software and it said no update available so I'm still on ICS.

Usually how many updates can a device get before they stop supporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Poitings View Post
    I got my note 10.1 a few days ago and I just went to options and tried to update the software and it said no update available so I'm still on ICS.

Usually how many updates can a device get before they stop supporting it?
    It depends on the processor and the ram.
    Like the ZOOM got all updates, correct me if I am wrong, 4.1 is the last one for it.

You should try updating through Kies, I didnt get any update options while trying it through WiFi but after connecting to Kies it was available right away.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

The Note 10 will get at least 4.2. It has only been out in the US for 3 or 4 months.
    Samsung is still supporting the original Galaxy s line of smartphones, so to think they will stop now is just bad thinking.

The zoom from Motorola is only stopping support for it due to the lack of sales that they saw overall. The zoom is also big in the developer community, so there is always support there.

Besides, with the quad core processor and 2gb of ram, the note 10 should see updates for at least two years to come.

That is as long as Google keeps making updates for Android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I agree with this, I have a 4g model in the uk of the note, I will be amongst the last to receive any updates, 4.2 is starting its rollout in europe this year and I think that we will be up to date for quite some time due to how powerful the tablet is

On a side note, I would like to laugh at how we say this is a powerful tablet, leave it for a few years we may looking at a model with 16gb of ram and i13 processor