Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Documents from USB to internal memeory

How do I save documents from USB to internal memory? Have tried everything.

Default Re: Documents from USB to internal memeory

I just bought a very cheap USB-connector at dx.com which does the job perfectly.
    http://dx.com/p/otg-usb-data-transmission-cable-for-samsung-p7500-p7510-p7300-p7310-white-159673
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks but want to save documents to the note off the pin drive.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

I bought an eKit 4-in-1 which will read USB drives, SD and Micro SD and has a mini USB too, for cameras and so on, which also allows charging via USB from another computer. It truly does the business. I'd been frustrated for weeks trying to import files from other devices, and resorted to Dropbox, which whilst useful in some situations, can be a bit long winded when I want a simple transfer from a USB drive.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess I am not asking correctly. I already have an adapter for usb, how do I save a file from a memory stick to the device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Then you have to use a File Explorer app which you can get from the Google Play or there is one on you GN already, I think it's called My Files. Look in the App Drawer of your Galaxy Note. I use ES File Explorer for when I need to find files or transfer from my USB flash drive, via a USB adapter cable as mentioned above.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Scott, when i plug in my usb memory stick, a window pops up showing the files. On that screen you can just touch and drag them to a folder on the tablet.

If when you plug it in, nothing happens, click on apps and go to "my files." This should display all the folders on your tablet as well as the attached usb memory stick at the bottom of the list on the left. At this point it's kind of like a windows based computer. You can make a new folder on your tablet, drag or copy files from your memory stick to that new folder. I wouldn't suggest putting them just anywhere, make a folder and name it appropriatly to keep track of your files. Hopefully that makes sense.