Note 10.1 not charging , power brick fails on the third week.(Charging thru usb works)

SandiegoSD

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
After last charge, I used the Note 10.1 on and off for about five or six days without charging. Yesterday got the low battery message,
today, plugged in the power cable(with the ac brick): no response so far after about 30 minutes.
Shall i keep it plugged in for longer?

Update: ac brick fails?
:(

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! Note 10.1 not charging, no response, after plugging in the power cable

Are you powering off your Note while it's charging? If you only turn off the screen and have things running in the background, it can take much longer to charge.

SandiegoSD

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help! Note 10.1 not charging, no response, after plugging in the power cable

yes. I powered it off.

hell....it charges when I plug into the PC usb port..who would've thought the brick fails after 1 week?

SandiegoSD

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

The a/c brick started charging again after i kept the Note plugged in my computer's usb port for some time

Jorge_O

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Hello, lithium batteries last much longer if they are kept charged. So, charging your battery daily is the best policy.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The charging port or the AC adaptor could be bad. Get a new OEM adaptor on Amazon and test it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Neal Garrett

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
We're having the same issue. Our Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 16GB (White) won't charge from the AC/USB adapter but it will charge when connected to a PC via USB. When charging from the AC power brick, the battery icon at the bottom right of the screen shows a lightning bolt and indicates that it is charging. It sometimes works after the tablet has been charging from the PC/USB first -- then for some reason you can charge via the AC power / USB brick adapter. When charging from the PC/USB port, there is a red "X" on the batter icon in the lower right portion of the screen. It seems to me that the issue is with the AC mode charging. I suspect the issue is somewhere in the OS rather than the physical AC/USB power brick itself.

- - - Updated - - -

We're having the same issue. Our Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013 16GB (White) won't charge from the AC/USB adapter but it will charge when connected to a PC via USB. When charging from the AC power brick, the battery icon at the bottom right of the screen shows a lightning bolt and indicates that it is charging. It sometimes works after the tablet has been charging from the PC/USB first -- then for some reason you can charge via the AC power / USB brick adapter. When charging from the PC/USB port, there is a red "X" on the batter icon in the lower right portion of the screen. It seems to me that the issue is with the AC mode charging. I suspect the issue is somewhere in the OS rather than the physical AC/USB power brick itself. We're running Jelly Bean 4.1.2 currently.

Meharrunnishaa

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I am having a similar problem. One day, my phone wouldn't charge on any charger then I used my brother's HTC charger where it began charging then now it is not charging by that also and the battery drains. Should I change my charger or my battery????

stepheninkent

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You know when you got your note there was plastic film on every surface and days later you found yet another piece! I also found film on my charger and that film was blocking on of my plug sockets
May be worth a look!