Question regarding Premium Suite for anyone who already got the JellyBean Update

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I know we don't have it yet in the U.S., but can anyone overseas who has it, tell me if the Premium Suite has the ability to open the Browser in Both Windows using the multiscreen function? I know it has tabs, so you can just switch between the tabs, but would like the ability to open a website in one screen and then another in the next using multiscreen.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Poor Andy, no response. I've been watching the thread hoping for some really good information. I feel your pain too. I've even asked questions in the comments area of reviews on the upgrade but no one ever answers, nor does any review fully spell out what's included. I would also like the two side by side web pages. The one encouragement I can offer is that supposedly we'll be able to put more apps in the windows so it might be possible to run two different browsers, each side by side. I have asked a bunch of places about the S pen alarm with no luck. Have you seen anything about that? I'd really like to be able to go back to using QuickOffice too. sigh Patience is not one of my virtues.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand from people I have talked to that have it, you can do side by side with two different browsers. Good enough for me!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You might be interested in this thread from XDA. Its a software that you install on you computer that makes almost any app have the ability to have multi-view. Does not require root, just JB and mutli-view.. I think it doesn't work on system apps (gmail) unless you are rooted.There are also threads where people have already modded some apps with this tool. Honestly I'm not sure why all of the mobile operating systems were not built with this from the beginning. Works on all devices that have mutil view after JB update.
This easily makes the Note 10.1 the best tab on the market until others copy it. There are a couple of videos on you tube that show off the feature.

Here's the link [Tool] Add Multiwindow-option to almost every apk files - xda-developers
Here's a link to the list of apps that people have already converted [APP] Multiwindow Apps - xda-developers

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You might be interested in this thread from XDA. Its a software that you install on you computer that makes almost any app have the ability to have multi-view. Does not require root, just JB and mutli-view.. I think it doesn't work on system apps (gmail) unless you are rooted.There are also threads where people have already modded some apps with this tool. Honestly I'm not sure why all of the mobile operating systems were not built with this from the beginning. Works on all devices that have mutil view after JB update.
This easily makes the Note 10.1 the best tab on the market until others copy it. There are a couple of videos on you tube that show off the feature.

Here's the link [Tool] Add Multiwindow-option to almost every apk files - xda-developers
Here's a link to the list of apps that people have already converted [APP] Multiwindow Apps - xda-developers

Thanks Raymond, I'll take a look at it. I wish I had the nerve to root!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Like J, I'm not brave enough to root. If I can do different browsers, that would be cool. Just wanted to know if it was possible. I'll take a look at the XDA forum, but Even though want the premium suite now, I can be patient and wait for that and JB update. The Note does so much already. It's the Lack of Accessories like a decent BT keyboard Case that's bothering me now. I just ordered one from Amazon and hopefully that will work for now when I get it.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, for the info, Tiuri Elvander. I guess just using the tabs is fine. Hopefully the added apps you can open in multiscreen are ones that are really useful in Jelly Bean.