Jelly Bean Update?

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone in US seeing the jelly bean update? I hit the check update button a couple of times a day and I'm getting nothing.

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they will upgrade until after Christmas. Having jellybean is a selling point for the nexus branded stuff.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
there are numerous devices that have jelly bean including my nexus 4 and galaxy s3. the jelly bean update has already been released for the 10.1 note in germany. i was just inquiring to see if anyone in the states is seeing the update.

Cmikos

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I would assume since they are advertising the premium suite in the US that they would be trying to push it before Christmas. It may just be wishful thinking of my part.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
When I bought mine, there was a bunch (8 or 9 units) of returned stock in the store's case. I have to believe that a lot of people saw the ads and bought it only to realize it doesn't do what it was advertised to do.
They've got to role the update before too many people try it and return it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Norton is great but every time there was an update on the mobile version, re-registering it didn't work well. It still has a lot of great features. Kaspersky, Norton and McAfee are all good choices. Since I switched to Kaspersky from Norton, I have been very happy with it.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

bkflaherty

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree with you. I would say 85% of the users buying the Note wouldn't know the difference between ICS or JB. I am not saying your wrong, just saying I would believe something else. That being said, I understand everyone's frustration with getting JB, but holy %#^, everyone needs to simmer down. It will come. This tablet has only been out 4 months.

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree with you. I would say 85% of the users buying the Note wouldn't know the difference between ICS or JB. I am not saying your wrong, just saying I would believe something else. That being said, I understand everyone's frustration with getting JB, but holy %#^, everyone needs to simmer down. It will come. This tablet has only been out 4 months.

Agree with you, but the ads with the jellybean features are annoying because we don't have it yet here in US.

silentjosh37

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Watching that video I dont see anything on there that we cant do with our non jelly beaned tablets. Maybe there was some apps running in multi view but other than that pretty sure they arent showing anything that someone new to that tablet would say, damn it doesnt do that I am returning this.

rollandl

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Watching that video I dont see anything on there that we cant do with our non jelly beaned tablets. Maybe there was some apps running in multi view but other than that pretty sure they arent showing anything that someone new to that tablet would say, damn it doesnt do that I am returning this.

New samsung attorney? :confused:

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Really? We already have Paper Note? But it's true I'm not returning it, and you can use other software to accomplish what the commercial shows; however, I'm not an artist and it's going to be a learning experience for me to alter that photo like the dad did -- meaning hours of work.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain to me why it has to take so long for a Wi-Fi only device to get the update? I mean I know Samsung has to make it work with TouchWiz but if the Note 2 and S3 have it, why wouldn't they be all up over the upgrade for the Wi-Fi only Note???

People have always told me it takes forever because the carrier has to approve it and usually they are slow to do so. But in this case, that whole aspect is completely irrelevant and we shouldn't be having to wait forever. I LOVE this Note the way it is, but I also would thoroughly enjoy some of these new features. Especially after getting JB on my S3.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain to me why it has to take so long for a Wi-Fi only device to get the update? I mean I know Samsung has to make it work with TouchWiz but if the Note 2 and S3 have it, why wouldn't they be all up over the upgrade for the Wi-Fi only Note???

People have always told me it takes forever because the carrier has to approve it and usually they are slow to do so. But in this case, that whole aspect is completely irrelevant and we shouldn't be having to wait forever. I LOVE this Note the way it is, but I also would thoroughly enjoy some of these new features. Especially after getting JB on my S3.
What he said! lol. I totally agree. Samsung still hasn't even got their keyboard dock out yet for us in the U.S., when a lot of other places have had it for awhile. Kind of a joke and a tease. I'm sure we'll get Jelly Bean soon enough, just don't understand what the delay is if it's in the commercials already.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still hoping for the US update by the end of January 2013. This may have been mentioned earlier but, is the update via OTA?

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34