Big Mistake Due To Jelly Bean?

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have asked my parents for the note 10.1 for Christmas however now regretting it. I think that they have gone and bought me one however i am worried that the tablet won?t get the jelly bean 4.2 update.

I know it?s got the 4.1 update (after reading online) however I was hoping to get a chance to use the new Google now software. Is this something that it currently on the latest update? Or does anybody know if it is scheduled to be updated to the UK version of the device?

I have a HTC one V too and am extremely disappointed that it isn't: getting update to the latest android system either, so this would really dampen my spirits? :'(

Cheers

Dazmio

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It is out in Germany, just slow doing the rounds to other countries but it is coming. Or get a German proxy server set up a Samsung account with German details and download like you''re in Germany.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
4.2 is nothing to get excited about. This tablet with jelly bean is the most incredible piece of electronics I own. The note will get 5.0, I guarantee it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
First off, I'm confident that it will get 4.2. Second, don't regret getting this beast of a tablet. It is incredible and you will always have that envy of the next Android upgrade. You made a great choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

glitchgod

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Look let's be straight when it comes to Samsung they (from my point of view) are the best at keeping things around the longest. Recently they released updates to the s2 , tab1, tab2.the old phone I had had one update and that was mainly for the homescreen actions....HTC.
SAmsung has yes a tendency to drag their feet but they still get there.
The note 10.1 will be updated I can't see a company that keeps old products update not update their multi purpose school/business tablet flagship

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

rollandl

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
4.1 has Google now. But, the 10.1 only has 4.0

So your concern is valid. But, it is believed that the update will be out in the next couple of weeks.:eek:

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
So the fact that the 4.2 update is already being released in some regions is not enough evidence that it is going to be released worldwide?

Sounds like some first world problems to me.

I mean, i asked my parents to buy me a Lamborghini for Christmas, but I don't know if i want it now because it looks like i can't get the chinchilla leather upholstery upgrade until the 2014 model goes up for sale.

LoL.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
First off, I'm confident that it will get 4.2. Second, don't regret getting this beast of a tablet. It is incredible and you will always have that envy of the next Android upgrade. You made a great choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Oh, Jelly Bean, Shmelly Bean. The Note 10.1 is already an incredible device.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got Jelly Bean last Friday on My GS lll phone and honestly, I don't really know what all the hype is about. It's got some neat features and it's smooth, but other than the google now I don't see what's so great about it. The only reason I'm waiting on the Note 10.1 for it, is because of the Premium Suite and to be able to use more apps in multiscreen and other functions of the premium suite. As said above, I think the Note 10.1 is great the way it is at the moment.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I would EVER be regretting getting a $500.00+ electronic gift for christmas. Your parents are very generous and you should love the Note 10.1.

fr8cture

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. I would have got it until the N10 was announced but I decided I didn't all the extras the N 10.1 even though they are great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So people really don't see any difference between ICS and JB? I got my wife the galaxy note tablet and I have the nexus 7. The differences are minor I agree, but JB is soooooo much smoother and more fluid its enough for me to never look back. JB is what android should have been many months ago. When samsung gets JB on this note tablet it will be hands down the best tablet on the market. JB rocks and to me it's all in the details.

Astron206

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
It is an excellent device and I am sure it will get the update. Even if it doesn't there is nothing to regret about your purchase because well, it's amazing.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Had the tablet for a day now, so far I have not put it down. Definately the best devices I have used (bar none)

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So people really don't see any difference between ICS and JB? I got my wife the galaxy note tablet and I have the nexus 7. The differences are minor I agree, but JB is soooooo much smoother and more fluid its enough for me to never look back. JB is what android should have been many months ago. When samsung gets JB on this note tablet it will be hands down the best tablet on the market. JB rocks and to me it's all in the details.
Oh, well that depends...let me tell ya. We got a Jelly Bean upgrade on the Asus Transformer TF300, and, oh my freakin' God, what a mess. I immediately had constant random reboots and other performance problems. I was told that the problem came from having an SD card in the keyboard dock's full sized SD card slot. Well, sheesh, the keyboard dock is what makes the "Transformer" a Transformer, doesn't it? Three firmware updates later, my device is back to normal, but it still doesn't perform as well or as smoothly as our Note 10.1.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

To say that the note 10 is not smooth is just wrong. I have had mine since launch with no rooting or romming, all stock. It scrolls smooth, launches apps without a hitch, basically very snappy.

I also swapped my GS3 for a Note 2 that comes with jelly bean. The difference, totally negligible. It is hard to tell the two apart performance wise. I can tell the difference cosmetically, as well as some added functionality in jelly bean, but no major standouts in my eyes. Not to say that the underlying code wasn't streamlined to make the os more efficient, but as stated before, hard for the average user to see.

Also as mentioned previously, the enhancements coming with the update for the note 10 will be good, but in my opinion, the device is great just as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37