Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Big Mistake Due To Jelly Bean?

I have asked my parents for the note 10.1 for Christmas however now regretting it. I think that they have gone and bought me one however i am worried that the tablet won’t get the jelly bean 4.2 update.

I know it’s got the 4.1 update (after reading online) however I was hoping to get a chance to use the new Google now software. Is this something that it currently on the latest update? Or does anybody know if it is scheduled to be updated to the UK version of the device?

I have a HTC one V too and am extremely disappointed that it isn't: getting update to the latest android system either, so this would really dampen my spirits…

Cheers
    Thanked by:
    L Dean 
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Big Mistake Due To Jelly Bean?

I see you have the galaxy nexus. Gloating?

Sent from my HTC One V using Android Central Forums

It is out in Germany, just slow doing the rounds to other countries but it is coming. Or get a German proxy server set up a Samsung account with German details and download like you''re in Germany.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Is that 4.1 or 4.2? With google now?

4.2 is nothing to get excited about. This tablet with jelly bean is the most incredible piece of electronics I own. The note will get 5.0, I guarantee it.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Rlambo 

First off, I'm confident that it will get 4.2. Second, don't regret getting this beast of a tablet. It is incredible and you will always have that envy of the next Android upgrade. You made a great choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by:
    Rlambo 
    rollandl likes this.

Look let's be straight when it comes to Samsung they (from my point of view) are the best at keeping things around the longest. Recently they released updates to the s2 , tab1, tab2.the old phone I had had one update and that was mainly for the homescreen actions....HTC.
    SAmsung has yes a tendency to drag their feet but they still get there.
    The note 10.1 will be updated I can't see a company that keeps old products update not update their multi purpose school/business tablet flagship

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Rlambo 

4.1 has Google now. But, the 10.1 only has 4.0

So your concern is valid. But, it is believed that the update will be out in the next couple of weeks.

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

So the fact that the 4.2 update is already being released in some regions is not enough evidence that it is going to be released worldwide?

Sounds like some first world problems to me.

I mean, i asked my parents to buy me a Lamborghini for Christmas, but I don't know if i want it now because it looks like i can't get the chinchilla leather upholstery upgrade until the 2014 model goes up for sale.

LoL.

Thanked by:
    cass_m 
    Dazo, LegalAmerican and wyograd92 like this.

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    First off, I'm confident that it will get 4.2. Second, don't regret getting this beast of a tablet. It is incredible and you will always have that envy of the next Android upgrade. You made a great choice.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Oh, Jelly Bean, Shmelly Bean. The Note 10.1 is already an incredible device.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    J HighNote likes this.

I just got Jelly Bean last Friday on My GS lll phone and honestly, I don't really know what all the hype is about. It's got some neat features and it's smooth, but other than the google now I don't see what's so great about it. The only reason I'm waiting on the Note 10.1 for it, is because of the Premium Suite and to be able to use more apps in multiscreen and other functions of the premium suite. As said above, I think the Note 10.1 is great the way it is at the moment.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB
    Who? likes this.

I don't think I would EVER be regretting getting a $500.00+ electronic gift for christmas. Your parents are very generous and you should love the Note 10.1.
    Thanked by:
    Who?, cass_m, Dazo and 3 others like this.

ROM
    Paranoid Android 2.0

I wouldn't worry about it. I would have got it until the N10 was announced but I decided I didn't all the extras the N 10.1 even though they are great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

So people really don't see any difference between ICS and JB? I got my wife the galaxy note tablet and I have the nexus 7. The differences are minor I agree, but JB is soooooo much smoother and more fluid its enough for me to never look back. JB is what android should have been many months ago. When samsung gets JB on this note tablet it will be hands down the best tablet on the market. JB rocks and to me it's all in the details.
    Thanked by:

It is an excellent device and I am sure it will get the update. Even if it doesn't there is nothing to regret about your purchase because well, it's amazing.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Had the tablet for a day now, so far I have not put it down. Definately the best devices I have used (bar none)

Thanked by:
    bjbinc 

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by andonakis View Post
    So people really don't see any difference between ICS and JB? I got my wife the galaxy note tablet and I have the nexus 7. The differences are minor I agree, but JB is soooooo much smoother and more fluid its enough for me to never look back. JB is what android should have been many months ago. When samsung gets JB on this note tablet it will be hands down the best tablet on the market. JB rocks and to me it's all in the details.
    Oh, well that depends...let me tell ya. We got a Jelly Bean upgrade on the Asus Transformer TF300, and, oh my freakin' God, what a mess. I immediately had constant random reboots and other performance problems. I was told that the problem came from having an SD card in the keyboard dock's full sized SD card slot. Well, sheesh, the keyboard dock is what makes the "Transformer" a Transformer, doesn't it? Three firmware updates later, my device is back to normal, but it still doesn't perform as well or as smoothly as our Note 10.1.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andonakis View Post
    To say that the note 10 is not smooth is just wrong. I have had mine since launch with no rooting or romming, all stock. It scrolls smooth, launches apps without a hitch, basically very snappy.

I also swapped my GS3 for a Note 2 that comes with jelly bean. The difference, totally negligible. It is hard to tell the two apart performance wise. I can tell the difference cosmetically, as well as some added functionality in jelly bean, but no major standouts in my eyes. Not to say that the underlying code wasn't streamlined to make the os more efficient, but as stated before, hard for the average user to see.

Also as mentioned previously, the enhancements coming with the update for the note 10 will be good, but in my opinion, the device is great just as it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rlambo View Post
    Had the tablet for a day now, so far I have not put it down. Definately the best devices I have used (bar none)

Glad you're enjoying it. It really is just awesome!
    LegalAmerican likes this.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rlambo View Post
    I have asked my parents for the note 10.1 for Christmas however now regretting it.
    - ask for the gift receipt and get yourself an iPad...

Regret he says, more like ungrateful
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    - ask for the gift receipt and get yourself an iPad...

Regret he says, more like ungrateful
    I'm not ungrateful, just thought I had made the wrong choice in tablet.

How is the battery on them? Want to use it for taking notes at college, I get on the bus at 8, college starts at 9:30, finishes at 3:30 and get home at 5. Will my battery cope? Even with using s note?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

Should last at least that long, even with the screen on and off the whole time.

Most posts I have read say the note 10 battery lasts around 10 hours with a good deal of use.

I have never stress tested mine, so I have to take their word for it. It sounds reasonable though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

The battery life on this Tablet is unreal. Solid 12 hours of use at least. 8 hours of back by back video but that's just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Astron206 View Post
    The battery life on this Tablet is unreal. Solid 12 hours of use at least. 8 hours of back by back video but that's just my experience.

Mine too.

<---- 4.0.4 and no software updates available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast