Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockdog97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Root Galaxy note 10.1 help and explain in english plz

Hi i have been reading some threads about rooting .. Being new to computers at 60 i dont really understand what rooting is..I read there is a new firmware upgrade coming (jellybean) would it be better to wait for firmware or root it ..I mainly use my 10.1 for watching films and tethering and puting and editing photoes..Thansk for any replies...John
    Last edited by busajohn; 12-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Default Re: Root Galaxy note 10.1 help and explain in english plz

I also have a samung galaxy note 10.1 but when I rooted my phone I could cheat in games and things and then I installed a custom rom and it messed the phone up and then l had to take it back. I would recommend you don't try it.

Global Posts
    2,837 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

Quote Originally Posted by busajohn View Post
    Hi i have been reading some threads about rooting .. Being new to computers at 60 i dont really understand what rooting is..I read there is a new firmware upgrade coming (jellybean) would it be better to wait for firmware or root it ..I mainly use my 10.1 for watching films and tethering and puting and editing photoes..Thansk for any replies...John
    You do not need to root your device to load a new ROM. In fact, there is a thread over on the XDA website that discusses this in detail about how to install the new JellyBean ROM onto your device.

[HOW TO:]Install the German JB Update on N8010/3 (No Root Required)[REVISED: 29DEC] - xda-developers

Or you could simply choose to wait (for however long) for the "official" firmware to come out. Not sure which device you have, but I have the 8013 and so far, there are no updates out. .so I am considering the JB update via the link above...

Best of luck to you.

Oh and rooting is simply being able to access "root" files on your device, it doesn't install custom ROMs (ie. firmware)...
    gdenton55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    You do not need to root your device to load a new ROM. In fact, there is a thread over on the XDA website that discusses this in detail about how to install the new JellyBean ROM onto your device.

[HOW TO:]Install the German JB Update on N8010/3 (No Root Required)[REVISED: 29DEC] - xda-developers

Or you could simply choose to wait (for however long) for the "official" firmware to come out. Not sure which device you have, but I have the 8013 and so far, there are no updates out. .so I am considering the JB update via the link above...

Best of luck to you.

Oh and rooting is simply being able to access "root" files on your device, it doesn't install custom ROMs (ie. firmware)...
    This works and is very easy. Actually I am on 4.1.2.