User reviews

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
What does everyone that owns this tablet think of it? I thoughr the S Pen was just a stupid gimmick until I bought a Galaxy Note 2 and now an S Pen is almost a must for my tablet purchase. I am wondering if I should purchase this tablet or wait for the 2012 version. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
What does everyone that owns this tablet think of it? I thoughr the S Pen was just a stupid gimmick until I bought a Galaxy Note 2 and now an S Pen is almost a must for my tablet purchase. I am wondering if I should purchase this tablet or wait for the 2012 version. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I agree, the S Pen is a great idea. I'm just waiting for the prices to go down :)

stormm32

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I like mine a lot. I bought the Asus transformer 700 and found it to be laggy and slow, so I returned it and got the note 10.1. It's fast, smooth, and fun to use. Still learning how to do things, but all in all very happy. Also have the nexus 7 which I love.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Astron206

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a fantastic tablet and it is well worth through monehy you pay for it. The S-Pen is amazing I love using it. The Note was exactly what I needed for University and Work and it delivered, well.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums

Arun01

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the note 2 & I've been debating on getting the 10.1 or a ipad but I'm leaning more towards the 10.1. The stylus is pretty handy.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't blame you for wondering if you should wait. I do however think that this tablet would be a great purchase for you either way because it will have almost the same stuff as your Note 2. So together, they will make a great pair. If you wait for the 2013 Version, you run the risk of diminishing the love for your Note 2 because it would lack certain features of the Note 10.1 if that makes any sense.

Regardless though, this thing is amazing. I too would not consider a tablet that did not have the added functionality of the S Pen as I do not see the point. I never had a need or a desire for a tablet before this came out because to me it was just a big smartphone that couldn't do all the same stuff. Now with the S Pen it becomes a totally different product for me as I can use it for school, work, and any other meetings. I would buy this again and again.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your input. I am thinking I will wait for the JB update and a slight price drop to purchase this tablet. I had the iPad 3 before this but was not impressed with it. I am currently deciding between the note tablet and the nexus 10

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had an Android phone and loved android, but bought first an IPad 2 and returned for IPad 3, because of the better camera which I use to take pics of business cards. The only reason I bought an IPad, was because of all the hype and it's always rated (Wrongfully in my Opinion) as the best tablet. I hated Apple before I got my IPad and just confirmed it when I owned two of them. I got bored with my IPad after 6 months, just too constricted of an OS. Android is much better and Open. So I sold my IPad and that's when the Galaxy Note 10.1 came out. I bought it, because of some youtube reviews I saw and the reviews online of what It can do. I use it every night hours at a time and love it. I use it for drawing and like the Note taking capability. It's smooth, fast, and like the customization you can do with the screens. Unlike the IPad, which is page after page of Icons, no widgets. LOL. I think it's a great tablet and will only get better with the Jelly Bean and Premium Suite added to it. Although, I don't think you should wait for 2013 edition to come out, who knows when that will be.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I have the note phone because I've been wanting a large screen smart phone for years! When the 10.1 came out, I read about it, read the forum, saw all the comments about multi-tasking with a dual window and taking pieces of a web page and transferring it to an Snote and I finally read one too many raves about what the new users were discovering and I couldn't get to Best Buy fast enough to get one of my own. You should know that until the Note phone, I never explored apps, I strictly used the web browser and phone. I had a large learning curve but it was well worth it. Both Notes have become great tools to keep me organized, informed, and occasionally entertained. Obviously, I couldn't wait to get the 10.1 and I've never been sorry.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Beyond the S Pen, the thing about the Note 10.1 is that it has more RAM and a more powerful processor than most anything available now, so it's just faster and more powerful than anything else -- you can search for test reports, which will show how well it performs. Plus, I actually prefer how Samsung does phones and tablets -- it's a nice interface, which I prefer to most anything else I've tried.

Another enormous advantage over a lot of other tablets is the Note 10.1's ability to host a microSD card -- I just can't possibly understand why anyone would buy a phone or a tablet that can't host some form of SD card.

I don't see a single, solitary thing in Jelly Bean that's worth waiting for, but perhaps there is some kind of "killer feature" that you really need. If not, I think you can expect that Samsung will upgrade to it eventually, but any upgrade is all about how they've got to re-do all of their proprietary stuff to make it all work, and that's what takes the time.

In the meantime, the Note 10.1 is a powerful, capable tablet that'll get plenty of stuff done right now. I'm very satisfied with mine.

Good luck!

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
IPads are to simplistic and limiting if you ask me. I just got the note 10.1 for Christmas and love it but I have always had android phones so the OS is easy for me. Also have a galaxy s3 phone with jellybean. Note 10.1 is great now and JB will only make it better

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I guess it depends on what you expect out of it. I am a self employed contractor and specifically bought it for the s pen. I do design work for people, so i can take pictures of existing conditions and make notes right on the photo, share it with subs. I keep all my pdf construction drawings on it and can make notes and comments and email to people. Its so easy to cut and paste specs of the internet and share with people. I have a droid phone that i can use as a hotspot in areas with no wifi. I have a samsung smart tv that it connects to and shares music, video, photos easily. It sees my network hard drive that i back up files to. I got the usb adapter so i can use a logitech 400 keyboard like with my tv. My old usb laptop mouse works with it. It's quick, opens multiple windows, has a bunch of memory even before the mini sd card is needed.

It basically does everything and more than i need it to do. There are plenty of tablets that will also do many of the things I mentioned., but i just find this one easy to use and productive for work. I wanted more than to sit on the couch and get on the net. Having other droid and samsung products just made the decision easier. I use the s pen everyday and literally write everything on my note that i used to write on post it notes, tablets, back of envelopes , scraps of paper while driving etc. I just feel like i have everything with me that i need. And on top of that i sit on the couch and cruz the internet like everyone else.

I've been real happy with it, but i think it's an individual decision. If i didnt want the s pen, i probably could have been happy spending in the $350 range. There really is a lot of great tablets out there.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at my review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006. I love mine and can't wait to see the Note 2 10.1.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your input. I am thinking I will wait for the JB update and a slight price drop to purchase this tablet. I had the iPad 3 before this but was not impressed with it. I am currently deciding between the note tablet and the nexus 10

Would it be possible to share what is there about Jelly Bean that would tip the scale in your buying decision? Jelly Bean is nice, don't get me wrong, but make no mistake, the power of this tablet, and what sets it apart from anything on the market, is the s-pen. For that, you don't need jelly bean.

The Note 10.1 and Nexus 10 are two very different devices, with different use cases. The typical buyer of the Note is not first concerned with screen resolution so they can watch movies and consume media content. While that's important to the Note buyer, the power of this tablet is found in the s-pen. The s-pen gives me the ability to take notes, in my own handwriting, at meetings and conferences. I can then store those notes in folders and sub-folders for easy organization. I, probably like you, work on several projects at a time. With this tablet I can take notes electronically and create folders for each project. When I go into a meeting I don't have to sift through10-15 different project folders on my desk, trying to remember which one to take to which meeting. All my handwritten notes and files are stored on one tablet so even if one project spills over into another, you won't here me say, "I'll be right back. Let go grab that other folder."

I can sign documents, and take advantage of a split screen when I'm in a meeting, and need to view a website on one half of the screen and take notes on the other. I can take pictures, and annotate those pictures for reference. This tablet is all about productivity and creativity. The Nexus 10, and other great devices like it, are more for those who desire a device for Media consumption.

Only you can decide and know what you need a tablet for. Once you have clarity on the use case of your purchase, the decision on which to buy will be easier. At the end of the day, only you can answer that question, because it's different for every person.