1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

Default Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app

Just got my blue 32 gig 10.1 yesterday and I'm loving it, it's a beast. It compliments my blue GSIII perfectly. One hitch, I cant seem to find a way to uninstall the textbook app, netflix or the bn nook app. I dont plan on using any of them. I can uninstall updates but I cant remove the apps, are they locked onto the device?

I tried running a forum search but im somewhat limited using tapatalk on my phone. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app

As far as I am aware I was just able to remove them like any other application.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

I'm no android rookie but this is my first android tablet experience so maybe I'm missing the obvious. The play store only gives me the option to uninstall updates or open the apps and the app manager only shows I can disable them. If I do disable it gives me a message about android system apps. I'm at a loss on this one.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app-uploadfromtaptalk1356569458469.jpg   Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app-uploadfromtaptalk1356569480773.jpg   Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app-uploadfromtaptalk1356569499156.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

Even stranger, they don't even have the option to delete them from the launcher.

Notice no red minus on the apps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Uninstall netflix, bn, text book app-uploadfromtaptalk1356570092551.jpg  
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

ok finally downloaded the PDF manual and found the answer to my question. Applications pre-installed on the device cannot be uninstalled. A mild annoyance.

Oh well I'll live with it.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Commonly known as bloatware can't be removed unless you use a Rom

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    Commonly known as bloatware can't be removed unless you use a Rom

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Yep, I was just surprised to see bloatware on a wifi only tablet. I usually associate bloat with cell phone carriers which is a sure sign ive been using macs to long since desktop pcs do it all the time. I forgot about that stuff

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Bloatware allows subsidization and ultimately brings down the prices of hardware, so I doubt we will ever see it completely vanish. Even the Google owned Nexus 7 has some.

It doesn't mean I like it, but at least mine isn't a 3G tablet full of more service provider garbage.

I have the dreaded Netflix bloatware and wish to uninstall it. How do I get this ROM from the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikest View Post
    Just got my blue 32 gig 10.1 yesterday and I'm loving it, it's a beast. It compliments my blue GSIII perfectly. One hitch, I cant seem to find a way to uninstall the textbook app, netflix or the bn nook app. I dont plan on using any of them. I can uninstall updates but I cant remove the apps, are they locked onto the device?

I tried running a forum search but im somewhat limited using tapatalk on my phone. Thanks

I have samsung galaxy tab 2 and also android razr.....in ordrr to remove preinstalled apps, you have to go into the manqge applicarions at force stop them. On the droid razr you just hold the icon down and it will show app info....click the force stop. Doing this removes the app from your app screen.