Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not charging

I've had my note for 2 weeks. Suddenly today I realise it's only half charged, even though it was plugged in overnight. So I plugged it in in my office - and I have a X over the battery. Plugged into my computer - same. Tried two chargers and two cables. Then I switched if OFF and now it seems to be charging while off (both with the charger and the USB of the computer) but when I switch it back on again, its gained a few percent charge but it's still not charging while on.

Any ideas? This is really daft. If it doesn't charge it's just a useless brick. I tried ringing the local Samsung people and they said "bring it into a service centre" - which is fine except that the nearest one is an hour away.

Default Re: Not charging

ASUS needs to get the check book out. I bet they have a bad batch of batteries or chargers. I bought a new N7 today. The N7 I have will not take a charge at all. Taking back tomorrow, but everyone is out everywhere on the Nexus 7's after x-mas.

Did you do it with the original charger (2mp)?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

You realize that you need to charge the Note through a wall charger and not through USB?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes it was the original charger.
    Yes it was through the wall.
    (just tried the pc to see if it would work).
    Now it is charging, but ONLY when switched off. If on, it won't charge. Wierd.