Case recommendations

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide on a case. I want something thrives good protection from a drop and also has a mechanism to keep it closed. So far I've found the belkin cinema case and the I-biason. Any others that people really like

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Have this one and have been happy with it.

Amazon.com: i-BLASON Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Inch Tablet Leather Case Cover Detachable Landscape / Portrait View for 8GB 16GB 3G 4G PC Wifi N8000 N8010 - Three Year Warranty (Black): Computers & Accessories

I returned a couple locally that cost twice as much. It protects all the edges as the cover is slightly larger. It has several positions and even lying "flat" it is slightly elevated which is nice. Has a good Velcro strap that secures the tablet in place. Cover leaves everything exposed except sd card which I don't care about. Its easy enough to remove tablet from cover if needed. It can be removed from the folding stand and still has protection around edges but not face. Magnets hold it shut. I don't think you can beat it for the money. Is it real leather, oh I doubt it, but it seems durable. I'm a general contractor and take it to job sites, it slides around in the truck. Figured it had to be junk since everything local was so much more, but I personally like it.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How does the portion on the actual tablet go on. Its hard to tell from the pictures. Also what holds the tablet in the case as I see you can rotate it into portrait and landscape

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It's basically 2 pieces. The first piece stays attached to tablet. It has straps onto 3 sides of the tablet, and a Velcro flap holds the tablet into this piece. The flap has a hole it for the charge cord. The buttons, s pen, camera, Ir, and speakers are all acceptable. The back of this piece is basically fuzzy for lack of better terms.

The other outer cover so to speak folds to create different angles for the tablet to rest in. The first piece which covers everything but the face, sticks to the outer cover also using a Velcro patch. Sounds cheesy perhaps but it is plenty strong to keep everything together. Sot he second piece wraps around and covers the screen, and stays closed due to a couple magnets. You can orient the tablet portrait or landscape by how you stick it to the cover. The cover does not close when you stand the tablet up in a portrait orientation. It's more for just working on it in that orientation, or perhaps your sitting with someone and want to keep it in that orientation for some reason.

When the cover is closed and covering the face, you can not access the charge port. You have to open the cover likeable book to access. You can also rotate the tablet 180 degrees and theatre pot is acceptable with cover closed.

Might sound kinda strange, but it's flexible for differentsituations which is what I like. Some complain about it being bulky, but not sure why. Of course it's big compared to a flap held on to the front of an iPad with magnets. I bought it specifically because it is slightly larger than the tablet to provide protection.

Not sure if that helped, maybe I can post a pic. New to the forum and haven't looked at that feature

Scooter04

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well that was a battle for some reason. See if this clears it up a little.

Attachments

• 1356681710375.jpg
    1356681710375.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1356681709768.jpg
    1356681709768.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1356681709044.jpg
    1356681709044.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 46

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Belkin leather folder case but keep hoping for the release of the Defender case which has been released for the Tab 2 10.1.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Belkin leather folder case but keep hoping for the release of the Defender case which has been released for the Tab 2 10.1.

you have the cinema or tri fold one
I would be all over a defender case from Otterbox for the note 10.1 but I'm staring to think we will never see it

Last edited:

geoffwhite18

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got for this case from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Zenus-Samsung...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2479919

It fits awesome looks great and works very well. I didn't know if I was going to like the hand strap on the back, but using the hand strap makes using the tablet so much easier. Holding it becomes much more natural with the strap instead of trying to hold it by the sides.

As far as protection is concerned, it does protect the front and back very well. However it dosnt offer much if any protection on the corners. If you plan on dropping yours on the corners you might want a different case. The buttons on top are never covered even when closed, but the closure strap does offer some protection.

My only complaint with this case is it has to be open to charge it. The only way to fix that would be to cut a hole in the bound side of the case, but then it wouldn't look much like a book when closed. overall a great case, but from my point of view overpriced. $40.00 would be more reasonable if you ask me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
you have the cinema or tri fold one
I would be all over a defender case from Otterbox for the note 10.1 but I'm staring to think we will never see it

Sad but true. Hopefully, we will see it on the Note 2 10.1 tablet.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just received the POETIC DURABOOK case cover for the SGN 10.1. It is almost just like the iBLASON described and pictured above. Here's a link to their site:

DuraBook | Your Poetic | Cases for iPhone 5 and the New iPad 3

They can be had on eBay for about $17. It does not have magnets to hold the cover down that I can tell, but has two pouches for SD cards or whatever else you can slide into them that the iBLASON doesn't have. ALL slots, buttons, microphones, speakers, infrared, stylus port and camera are accessable with tablet pouch on. It uses velcro to hold the tablet pouch to the book cover itself and can be set to portrait and landscape just like the iBLASON. Very nice positioning with the last angle stop very close to the front edge. You can flip the cover all the way back and turn it over to give about a 1" lift at the top or leave the cover flat, or even remove the tablet in its' own pouch from the book cover stand portion if you like. The feature it's missing that you stated you want is something to lock the cover closed, but I don't see that as an issue for me. It appears to be very protective of the tablet itself if I were to acidentally drop it.

I had ordered and then re-sold the factory original Samsung Slim Cover with magnetic flap mechanism, because it didn't offer enough versitility and positioning for my needs. This POETIC DURABOOK case cover is truly versitile. I give it two thumbs up. It's a keeper!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Trying to decide on a case. I want something thrives good protection from a drop and also has a mechanism to keep it closed. So far I've found the belkin cinema case and the I-biason. Any others that people really like

I have this one and love it. I can rotate the Note to be in portrait or landscape yet it's VERY securely attached to the case. Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Red Stand Leather Case with Charger and Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-Inch N8000 N8010 N8013 Tablet (6-item): Electronics I don't think you'd have great protection if it was dropped on a hard surface and hit the edge of it though. Still, the edge that holds it in is really firm, maybe it would offer protection. I'm just careful and haven't put that to a test. I do know that it will hold on to the Note even if hung upside down and shaken. That's the only test I put it through. Plus, the chargers that come with this bundle are great.

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
well i returned the Belkin cinema case i had got at Best Buy. Having to have it open to charge it really annoyed me. So now I'm looking for something that I can charge the note 10.1 while it's in the case and the case is completely closed. Anyone found one other than the Samsung Book Cover?