New Note 10.1: is Jelly Bean 4.1 on it or coming soon?

timothyalan

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy a Note 10.1, but I'm confused: the Samsung website says it now has Jelly Bean 4.1, but no one seems to carry it, and they won't comment when I inquire. Is that version coming out soon? I keep reading stuff about "updates/upgrades" from 4.0 to 4.1. Do I need to buy now, and then upgrade later? Is that what the "premium" upgrade/service is all about? Or is a new Jelly Bean 4.1 (with "premium" stuff) coming soon as a tablet already loaded and ready? I'm fine for waiting a little while longer, but just confused a bit about the new version. Any help would be nice.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I just spoke to Samsung customer service to harass them for info regarding this. They refused to give me even a hint of when to expect the update here in the states...:(

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Should be rolling out soon, apparently people in Germany already have it. It's not a huge update apparently anyway, just get Google now and not a lot else changes really.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me? There are a Ton of changes. It's probably the biggest upgrade I have ever gotten on any Android device. Eliminates lag, Google now, unlimited multi Window possibilities, better keyboard, expandable notifications, etc. It's what makes this tablet so much better than any other tablet on the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
This is very strange. I bought one for my girlfriend for Christmas and was suppose to have Jelly Bean, but only has ICS 4.0.

My girlfriends brother bought one on Amazon and his has JB 4.1.

Both are US models. Why wouldn't there be an update, if there are new ones out already with JB?

I'm tempted to bring hers back to Best Buy and buy one from Amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding me? There are a Ton of changes. It's probably the biggest upgrade I have ever gotten on any Android device. Eliminates lag, Google now, unlimited multi Window possibilities, better keyboard, expandable notifications, etc. It's what makes this tablet so much better than any other tablet on the market.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Where is the lag? I have had mine since launch and see no signs of lag. Occasionally I have an app that crafts, but not much more.

If you are talking about s pen lag, then I will agree with you, there is a slight delay when using the s pen.

As for the update, many speculated that it was coming before Christmas, then before the new year. CES is right around the corner now, so I can see Samsung trying to prep for that before releasing more updates into the wild.

I think we will see the update for jelly bean right after CES. I did see a different post that said it was released in the UK as well. That could be wrong, but if not, then it is definately getting close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Caveman419

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I actually ran into a Samsung Representative in my local Best Buy and asked about the JB update for the Note 10.1. He told me that it is supposed to be out by the end of January....I know, we've been danced done this road before. He also said that the new ones were are shipping out with JB already on them. Not sure I believe it without seeing it, and of they are it pisses me off. If there is a JB release why is out not good enough for the ones who already own the tablet?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Rlambo

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Finally been able to get the jellybean update. The features are really good however everything is much more laggy and nothing is as smooth. Wish I had stuck with ics to be honest (n) very good in theory, very poor in practice.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Finally been able to get the jellybean update. The features are really good however everything is much more laggy and nothing is as smooth. Wish I had stuck with ics to be honest (n) very good in theory, very poor in practice.

What city are you in?

Yushav Dahal

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
hav same confusion hovering over my head tim...i posted a quite identical query like urs in samsung's fb page and posted in answers.com too....waitin fr the reply :( :-\

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site

Do a factory reset. Mine was laggy as well until I did that; all better.