Outlook for Note 10.1

MIKES3

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a corporate account who uses outlook set up through my stock email app on my note 10.1 You should be able to do it.

belfast59

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just got my Note yesterday (Birthday pressie), can you point me towards the app? Ive been searching the Samsung and Google play apps to try and find something that will do this.
Thanks

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
On a Note 10.1, you can just use the app named..... waitforit.... Email. Setup an account using Exchange Activesync, connected to your Exchange server, using your Outlook credentials. That's the only email I have on my Note. Works great.

MIKES3

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I follow you guys. Why do you need an app you have to download in order to use Outlook? Why not go to email settings and do a manual set up

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
That's what I said. Email is an app that comes on your GN10.1. Setup your account (in Settings/Accounts and sync). When you do Add account, choose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Then use the Email app (and the Contacts app and the S Planner app (your calendar)).

belfast59

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, Ive tried and tried this and it still wont work.
Setting up my personal virginmedia email on it was a sinch but my company emails that run thru Outlook just wont play ball. Ive tried changing the ports and everything else suggested on the web as possible fixes, all to no avail.
Just to avoid any confusion, the emails I am talking about are not abcd@Outlook.com email addresses, they are admin@1234.co.uk and admin@5678.co.uk which I open in Outlook 2007.
I was able to get these running fine on my Blackberry but my Note 10.1 is still a no-no

cass_m

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Setting up my personal virginmedia email on it was a sinch but my company emails that run thru Outlook just wont play ball. Ive tried changing the ports and everything else suggested on the web as possible fixes, all to no avail.
Just to avoid any confusion, the emails I am talking about are not abcd@Outlook.com email addresses, they are admin@1234.co.uk and admin@5678.co.uk which I open in Outlook 2007.
I was able to get these running fine on my Blackberry but my Note 10.1 is still a no-no

Your company may not allow you to set up your email on an Android tablet. Check with your Corp network admin.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if I follow you guys. Why do you need an app you have to download in order to use Outlook? Why not go to email settings and do a manual set up

This. And do a Manuel setup

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MIKES3

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

When you went to manual settings did you set it up as an exchange server? You'll have to put in your domain and username. Then your exchange server should read as
*mail. Company name.co.UK*

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a hard time, so I got the IT guys to do it. Think you only need the app if you set up the email app that comes with the tablet as something else already.

belfast59

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Right, finally working but I had to download the Maildroid app to get it.
Have to say, Maildroid is a really nifty app, straightforward to set up & use

mtcstle

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Outlook Calendar sync for Note 10.1 S-Planner

Formerly, S-Planner synched (is it sunch, or sunched) both tasks and events nicely. After a full factory reset, it still does tasks but no longer events (appointments). I must have set something differently but I can't suss out what. - Thanks, mtcstle

flywithlloyd

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I have my company's Exchange email synched to both my phone and my Note, no problem. The server name is the key!

94GTLaserRC

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I just got my Note 10.1. On my Galaxy s2 phone, when I set up my Email, there was an option that that i have to check or not that asks if I want to delete my emails from Server when I delete it from the phone. I check it to NOT, and my emails stay on the server. That option is NOT on my Note 10.1, so my emails get deleted off the server. The only thing I could think of was to uncheck the box that says "Sync Email" which should mean that they do not get deleted off server. HOWEVER, when I delete the Note's Emails, they STILL get deleted from the server. What am I doing wrong?
I want to delete the emails from my Note without deleting them from my Yahoo Server!
Thanks
RC

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I just got my Note 10.1. On my Galaxy s2 phone, when I set up my Email, there was an option that that i have to check or not that asks if I want to delete my emails from Server when I delete it from the phone. I check it to NOT, and my emails stay on the server. That option is NOT on my Note 10.1, so my emails get deleted off the server. The only thing I could think of was to uncheck the box that says "Sync Email" which should mean that they do not get deleted off server. HOWEVER, when I delete the Note's Emails, they STILL get deleted from the server. What am I doing wrong?
I want to delete the emails from my Note without deleting them from my Yahoo Server!
Thanks
RC

You probably have yahoo set up as IMAP which is designed to be fully synchronized. To have the older options you need to make it pop3.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech