01-18-2013 03:49 PM
- I've been using printershare app to print from my note 10.1. It prints fine, a bit slow relatively speaking, but regardless it works and can find WiFi printers etc.. Works as advertised I guess, and it should since you have to pay for it.
Is there a printer app that is more integrated into the tablet? I don't like the fact that I have to go into the printershare software to find things i want to print. You have to know the filename to select what you want to print. It works, it's just so clunky relative to how everything else works. My Motorola droid 4 prints directly out of email, and office, I just can't believe how printing is set up on this tablet.
It's really my only complaint. Am I being too picky? Do all the printing apps that work with this tablet make you print from inside the print software instead of directly from the application your trying to print from?
I'm printing to an all in one hp on my home network 99% of the time. Couldn't seem to get any hp app to work and my printer is not supported by eprint or whatever they call their service. Haven't jumped on the cloud bandwagon as I have a network storage device that can be accessed through the web.
It's not enough I have a Samsung tv, DVD, fridge, stove, microwave, smartphone, and a tablet? Don't really want a Samsung printer01-03-2013 04:51 PM
- I was startled when I read your message last night and spent a little time doing some searches without finding a perfect solution. I have printed from my 10.1, web pages, pictures and yet after reading your message and thinking I'd be able to tell you how I print S notes and documents, I discovered that same hurdle you've described. According to a review the only things able to print via printershare are: Pictures, Contacts, Calendar, Web Pages, Messages, Call Log, Gmail, Google Docs and Documents. It really surprises me but don't give up yet, I like the challenge of a puzzle, plus, I'd like to be able to print Lecture Notes without jumping through all these hoops. There oughta be a way......01-04-2013 10:05 AMLike 1
- Thanks for the reply. When I bought the app I didn't realize I would print from the printing app itself. I figured if I was in gmail, I would hit print and print right from gmail, but that's not the case. My droid phone is that way that's why I "assumed." Its just goofy because imagine you get an email with an attachment. I have to go into printershare and then select gmail. Then scroll through to find the email and print it, and mind you it doesnt resemble gmail, its basically a list if your inbox. I then have to back up in printershare and go into documents. I would have had to save the attachment and then find it in a list of documents. You have to navigate through the file structure of folders to get to it. Mind you it doesn't show thumbnails of the documents so you have to remember the file name. Not the end of the world but way easier off a pc and my smart phone.
Otherwise, love the tablet. Just shocked at how clumsy the printing is, and it's not an android thing, it's a Samsung thing. Really stupid in my opinion. The flipside is if I had a new hp printer supporting their eprint, the hp app may be better.
Was even thinking if the're is a way to set up a print server or something on my network to send files to, but I'm not a network genius. I know enough to be dangerous.01-04-2013 12:33 PM
- The only way I can print out of notes is to export as a jpeg. Again, I can get it done but then I have duplicate jpegs of notes. I'm a general contractor and get a lot of material quotes, subcontractor estimates, drawings, spec sheets, etc.. so I am loving that I can open things make notes on them email them, cut paste to snotes, draw a detail in snotes and share it. Absolutely love all of that, but trying to print all of that stuff if I need to is a pain.
Maybe I need to get over it and put that stuff on a cloud service. One, I don't like putting my stuff on other people's servers, and two, I don't like opening up my network to allow services to print. Call me old fashioned. I don't really even need to print when I'm away from my network.01-04-2013 12:41 PM
- HP Officejet 7200 All-in-One Printer series- HP Wireless Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Printing from Your Mobile Device with Non-Web-Enabled Printers (No AirPrint or ePrint Support) - c02775166 - HP Business Support Center which has detailed instructions on how to use HP's apps for printing with everything including android. I know you said you tried them, just thought there might be something here that might be more helpful. I'll look into it further over the weekend.01-04-2013 08:42 PM
- Well it's interesting, eprint does not work at all. Eprint home & biz works to a point. I can't seem to print gmail at all, or snotes without converting to jpeg. If I go into my files and say I select a pdf, it basically asks if I want to open the document in eprint home & biz. When I do that, it shows the full document and I can print with printer options. It won't let me print from within anything similar to printershare. So it does at least print some things for free, but still is not integrated. I have a feeling it's a Samsung thing. Is everyone printing through an app that is similar, or are people not printing?
Thanks HighNote, I'm still searching and trying different things.01-05-2013 12:23 AM
- I love PrinterShare. However, I, too, have played with this and find it very annoying that I have to save everything as a document and, even when I do, I have to work backwards from PrinterShare on some products. This is a Samsung thing in my case and is starting to move me in other directions for tablet use. I don't print often, but when I do, I need it to be simple. Samsung could solve this in a minute if they would authorize PrinterShare. It works fine in Polaris Office on my Galaxy 7.0 Plus. Polaris Office 3.0 brings up a menu that includes "send" and I can select the PrinterShare app. In the Galaxy Note 10.1, however, with Polaris Office 4.0, I can only use the Print command in its menu and it will only direct it to a Samsung printer. Have to go into PrinterShare and pull a saved file to print it. In other apps, the only way I can get a print is to do a screenshot, save it, print that file and hope I can read it. Very convoluted. A little cooperation between hardware maker and app would go a long way toward making a lot of us much happier tablet users.01-18-2013 03:49 PM
- By Tyger#AC in forum Android AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
- By cdf3 in forum Android AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
- By stu5797 in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 10Last Post: 09-18-2011, 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD