Bluetooth Keyboard Video Review!

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have appreciated the video reviews posted here so I thought I would do one myself. This video review is for the New Trent Bluetooth Keyboard with touch pad. Here is a link to the video review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tym3BoEhQwc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And here is a link to the product on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Mul...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2497230

My full written review is there as well. In short, its the best wireless keyboard I have used. Definitely worth the asking price of $55.

This is my first YouTube video, so there is much room for improvement. I plan on continuing to review various android hardware and accessories should you wish to subscribe. Let me know if you have ideas!

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice review. Looks like a solid keyboard. I really like the touch pad feature. The one by Motorola got some sketchy reviews on the accuracy of the touch pad. Can you put the tablet in portrait mode in the holder or do you have to worry about it tipping the keyboard over? The reason i ask is because i know someone on the forum looking for a keyboard that holds in both landscape and portrait. If I already didn't own a logitech and a Kensington kb case, i might have considered it . Really wish this was out before i spent the money on the logitech, which is a nice keyboard, but doesn't have the touch pad which is nice. Plus this one might not fit in my laptop bag.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice review. Looks like a solid keyboard. I really like the touch pad feature. The one by Motorola got some sketchy reviews on the accuracy of the touch pad. Can you put the tablet in portrait mode in the holder or do you have to worry about it tipping the keyboard over? The reason i ask is because i know someone on the forum looking for a keyboard that holds in both landscape and portrait. If I already didn't own a logitech and a Kensington kb case, i might have considered it . Really wish this was out before i spent the money on the logitech, which is a nice keyboard, but doesn't have the touch pad which is nice. Plus this one might not fit in my laptop bag.

Yes, I just tested it and you are able to put the tablet in portrait mode no problem. Also, this touch pad is extremely accuate. It also has features like two finger scrolling which i didnt show. Let him know to check it out! How is the Kensington keyboard case?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm really liking the Kensington keyboard case, mainly because I can carry both with me. Only problem is 3 of the function keys don't work for Android shortcuts. The Internet, calendar, and Gmail shortcuts. It's a known problem though and doesn't bother me. Do all the android shortcuts work on this kb? I'd try yours if i didn't have my logitech kb. Mainly because of that nice track pad.

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking the Kensington keyboard case, mainly because I can carry both with me. Only problem is 3 of the function keys don't work for Android shortcuts. The Internet, calendar, and Gmail shortcuts. It's a known problem though and doesn't bother me. Do all the android shortcuts work on this kb? I'd try yours if i didn't have my logitech kb. Mainly because of that nice track pad.

Yeah, I wanted to try the Kensington, but its just so expensive! Yes, there are about 5 shortcuts that all work. I tried to show that in the video but the camera work wasnt perfect. How much did you pick up the Kensington keyboard for?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a photo and electronics store I found Online. Actually I've seen it a lot in Searches when looking for Electronics. It's a Store Based in New York, I believe. They have free shipping and when I ordered my Kensington BT Keyboard Case, they were actually cheaper, because all of a sudden the price went up on all the Kensington Keyboard cases on Amazon. Check it out. It shipped pretty fast too and I'm in Chicago area..

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
interesting keyboard especially like the trackpad. The Logitech K810 bluetooth keyboard is catching my eye too

Can you pair the New Trent to a laptop or PC or just tablets?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
You can pair it to computers, apple products, and android. Basically anything with bluetooth. I almost got the logitech but I'm happy with my choice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I only know of one other keyboard that has one. Its that Motorola xoom one, but it doesnt have a stand and its really heavy from what I hear.

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still surprised by Samsung for the lack of accessories for this bad boy.
Thanks for the link; It's up for consideration before classes start.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When you pair to a laptop can you use the track pad or does it only work with Android tablet

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No was just curious cause I have my laptop hooked up to a 27 inch monitor so if I can move it out of the way and not have to use the laptop for the track pad it would be awesome but I'd probably end up getting a blue tooth mouse for it any way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post. Can't seem to get your videos to work, but it's probably on my end as others seem to have viewed them. You must have caused a buying rush because your link is sold out and doesn't know when they will restock...

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the post. Can't seem to get your videos to work, but it's probably on my end as others seem to have viewed them. You must have caused a buying rush because your link is sold out and doesn't know when they will restock...

Can you get any other YouTube videos to play?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Good News. Someone on xda in my other forum said they emailed new trent about the keyboard. They said it should be back in stock soon!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo