Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any Word On Premium Suite Update

Any word on the Premium Suite update for US wifi Note 10.1's?

Regards,

Fred

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Any Word On Premium Suite Update

Someone said a Samsung rep said the jb update is supposed hit the USA by the end of January

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    jnaught likes this.

Finally got tired of waiting and flashed the UK version.
    Works beautifully. It even preserved all my data. I'll flash the US version when it comes out but I'm not waiting for all the cool features anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J Teezy View Post
    Someone said a Samsung rep said the jb update is supposed hit the USA by the end of January

Just in time for next semester. If all goes well.

I also installed the UK version on my N8000, it has a few bugs.

S Note app randomly changes to crayon.
    Gallery App is very laggy. I installed a new one (can't remember the name but it's super quick).
    Many apps stop working. Not a big issue.
    Battery life isn't as good. I still get what I need.

On the plus side,
    OS is much smoother.
    New S Note features are great.
    S Pen, hold the button down to copy is very useful.
    Multi Window apps work much better.

Internet is definitely faster
    My gallery pics have become bad, i.e. all now distorted

Pushing the button on the pen and holding to the screen works before jelly bean. I've seen that mentioned several times but it works on mine and I dont have jelly bean. It basically takes a screen shot and then brings it up in a window and lets you crop your selection. Then you can drag into snotes or save to clipboard. Is that how it works after jelly bean or is it different some how? It's a handy feature, I use it a lot for clipping things off the internet, or clipping portions of construction drawings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter04 View Post
    Pushing the button on the pen and holding to the screen works before jelly bean. I've seen that mentioned several times but it works on mine and I dont have jelly bean. It basically takes a screen shot and then brings it up in a window and lets you crop your selection. Then you can drag into snotes or save to clipboard. Is that how it works after jelly bean or is it different some how? It's a handy feature, I use it a lot for clipping things off the internet, or clipping portions of construction drawings.
    In jb you can hold the button and just outline around anything you want on the screen. You don't have to take a screen shot first. It's pretty handy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Oh cool, so it saves a step so to speak. Can you use a rectangle or lasso tool, or is it free hand?

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G3TCASHM0N3Y View Post
    In jb you can hold the button and just outline around anything you want on the screen. You don't have to take a screen shot first. It's pretty handy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    This is what I'm most excited about! Come on with update already!

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter04 View Post
    Oh cool, so it saves a step so to speak. Can you use a rectangle or lasso tool, or is it free hand?
    Just free hand, unfortunately. The best part of the upgrade is multi window

I upgraded to the German 4.1.2 and is is great.

Has it got English in the German version?

If so, do you have the link to download?

Here is some more bull crap off their website

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD, using Android Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Word On Premium Suite Update-uploadfromtaptalk1357576815371.jpg  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rickgainsmith View Post
    Has it got English in the German version?

If so, do you have the link to download?
    Yes it does, I did mine last weekend and have been rocking it all week. Only one bug I can see so far and it's very minor. Will flash the US/Canuck version whenever it arrives.

And samsung continues to screw us over. Announced a 4g verizon release before month end with 4.1 installed. Butof course nothing for us existing customers

Global Posts
    980 Global Posts

It should be soon as there are reports in the forums here that some people are buying Note tabs with the jelly bean software installed on them already fresh from the box.

It is possible that they pulled an update to add the CPU hack fix before release.

I know it has been a long 4 months, but I would rather have an update that is free of bugs, or as close as possible when released.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

The good news is that Samsung is telling us all about the Verizon LTE Note 10.1 and the other color options that will soon be offered. Thank heavens for all of that! Those are the two biggest worries i've had on my mind since I bought my Note 10.1 in August. I forgot entirely about JellyBean & Premium Suite because of all this fantastic news! (Sarcasm)

Again......I LOVE the Note with or without JB, but I would love to have those additional features and do not understand why it is so hard to release the update when you aren't fighting with carriers.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

My contacts at Samsung wanted me to pass a 'your welcome' note to you for the lte/color announcements. They hope you sleep better now.

(just more sarcasm, sorry)

Your right, I don't know what the hold up is. This is another reason I went with a crap tablet to start with. I know they have been around awhile, but there is no real track record for updates. I bought a crappy one to see if I need one and to see for a year or so how updates go since tablets are more mainstream. So far I am not impressed.

Though I am not a fan of nexus phones, they might be the way to go for tablets

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    My contacts at Samsung wanted me to pass a 'your welcome' note to you for the lte/color announcements. They hope you sleep better now.

(just more sarcasm, sorry)

Your right, I don't know what the hold up is. This is another reason I went with a crap tablet to start with. I know they have been around awhile, but there is no real track record for updates. I bought a crappy one to see if I need one and to see for a year or so how updates go since tablets are more mainstream. So far I am not impressed.

Though I am not a fan of nexus phones, they might be the way to go for tablets

Oh, for pity's sake, the Note 10.1 is already such a spectacular device, I really can wait for a little while. I see no need top bail headlong into the Nexus, which not only does not have the S Pen, it has no SD card slot and no USB host capability, so you're stuck with - what? - 32 gigs, and that's it.With my Note, I have 32 gigs internal, another 64 in the micro sd and I can add even more with my USB adapter.

I've told my Asus story too many times, but, here goes again. They rushed out the jelly bean upgrades to my Transformer Pad TF300, and, oh what a mess. It took three firmware updates to take out the bugs and the problems, and it still doesn't operate as fast or as smooth as my Note.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    Thanked by:

With or without JB on the Note 10.1, it's still the best tablet on the market FOR ME. So yeah, even with ICS I am thrilled to death about it. There's just a couple tantalizing features in JB that have me drooling. I can't help but crave the JellyBean like I have on my S3. I can certainly wait as well, but man it's fun to anticipate and get excited for when it will arrive.

Someone posted the following on another site (XDA):

Quote: I just got this info in an email as a follow up to a phone conversation from an escalated Customer Service Question. Not sure if it means anything?

We received your claim in our Executive Customer Relations department regarding your Samsung Tablet model GT-N8013EAYXAR and the roll out date for "Jelly Bean" update. After reviewing all information in the claim, I checked on your request for a roll out of the update for "jelly bean" and I was advised that it has rolled out and if you haven't already received your update you should receive in the next 5 -7 days. Please give us a call at 1-800-726-7864 to further discuss your concerns with our technical support team.Thank you;Gregg L. Customer Service. End of quote.
    Last edited by Ron Johnson 4164; 01-08-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: correct mistakes
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    Oh, for pity's sake, the Note 10.1 is already such a spectacular device, I really can wait for a little while. I see no need top bail headlong into the Nexus, which not only does not have the S Pen, it has no SD card slot and no USB host capability, so you're stuck with - what? - 32 gigs, and that's it.With my Note, I have 32 gigs internal, another 64 in the micro sd and I can add even more with my USB adapter.

I've told my Asus story too many times, but, here goes again. They rushed out the jelly bean upgrades to my Transformer Pad TF300, and, oh what a mess. It took three firmware updates to take out the bugs and the problems, and it still doesn't operate as fast or as smooth as my Note.
    Lol you sound like me with the nexus phones. Tablet are a different story though.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Hey Ron, are you in the US or is Samsung referring to the UK rollout?

Quote Originally Posted by stjohneyre View Post
    Hey Ron, are you in the US or is Samsung referring to the UK rollout?
    I'm an American living in Mexico and was referring to the 8013 which Purchased on a trip back home.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast