What is holding up production of the USA & Hong Kong SGN (EKD-K14AWEGTGY) Keyboard Dock?

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know what is holding up availability of the USA & Hong Kong (EKD-K14AWEGTGY) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Charging Keyboard Dock?

IMHO the wait is becoming a bit rediculous! :p

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually waiting for this so I can decide between it, a Logitech k810, or new trend ishuffle keyboard

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
We've all been waiting way too long... Wasn't the SGN 10.1 initial launch in August 2012? Come on Samsung! Alot some factory time to getting this Keyboard Dock out to your growing number of users.

The great thing about the Samsung Keyboard Dock is that it is a "charging" dock. The thing has been on the Samsung Hong Kong site for ages now, but is nowhere to be found.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz............. (LOL)

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not only is this wait time ridiculous, so is the # of "official" Samsung accessories (lack thereof). Was thinking of getting the xtek keyboard case, but it's getting mixed reviews.

Not to mention (but actually mentioning) the wait time for JB/Premium Suite.

Swifted from GNote-N8013

betsuni

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Was reading that some random people are theorizing that we might see the keyboard soon since Verizon is going to sell the unit. I'm hoping for this theory to come true.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey, they have several available today...as long as you're willing to shell out $135 + bucks!

They do? Please show me an in stock link for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Keyboard Dock - Hong Kong / USA model: EKD-K14AWEGTGY.

Must be that exact model number to have the right keyboard keys. Thanks.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Although this one has the right model number, it states right in auction: PRE-ORDER ONLY, this item currently OUT OF STOCK (I can't tell from the pictures, but it could also be an Australian model being that the seller is in Sidney)

These two are EKD-K14KWEG Korean models.

Here are all four little bears as researched so far (LOL...):

EKD-K14UWEGSTD ? UK (#=?L?) COLD
EKD-K14AWEGSTD ? Australia (has a bunch of extra letters and no \) WARM
EKD-K14KWEG??? - Korean/English (has a bunch of extra letters and no \) WARM
EKD-K14AWEGTGY Hong Kong/English (thought to have everything in the right place) JUST RIGHT!

The last one looks good on the Samsung site from what I can tell.

If you come across any in stock EKD-K14AWEGTGY's please let me know. Thx.

Last edited:

Terran White

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the Aluminum keyboard case for MY galaxy 10.1. After a mild alteration to my keyboard I now love it. I will make a video with a Reveiw.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yippee! Febraury is looking up already...

Got lucky and found a Genuine Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Charging Keyboard Dock model EKD-K14AWEGTGY listed in Great Britain shipping from Hong Kong worldwide. Only two in stock and I bought one at $63GBP. Should be here in a couple weeks at most. It appears my frustration is finally over.

Again, YIPPEE! :D:D:D

ADDED: I see the other one has already sold, but they added one more to the available count as of this post:
Genuine Samsung Keyboard Dock for Galaxy Note 10 1 EKD K14AWEGTGY | eBay

:D

Last edited:

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hotdog! With chilly and cheese!! The genuine Samsung Charging Keyboard Dock has arrived!!!

Shipped from China in 8 days (bought 2/1, arrived 2/9). Layout is standard American with English letters only. Pic?s:

34o7z1x.jpg

1036eqc.jpg

2i7222u.jpg

Across the top row from left to right are the following unique hot keys:

1) Return to the previous screen.
2) Return to the idle screen.
3) Open the list of recent applications.
4) Launch the Web browser.
5) Launch the mail account.
6) Turn the screen on or off.
7) Set the brightness of the display (-/+).
8) Adjust the device?s volume (mute/-/+).
9) While playing media files (play/pause, reverse & forward).
10) Display android applications.
11) Show android menu.

Across the bottom row are these unique keys:

A) Hide/show the keypad on the screen.
B) Launch the Google Search; Open the search input window from any application.
C) Launch the Voice Search.
D) Select a display language.
E) Hide/show Time, Date and Application indicator.

His baby feels wonderful. Very light ?keyboard? touch/feel that should allow for fast typing if you are so inclined. I haven?t played with it much, but all I can say at this point is that my N8000 is now COMPLETE! :D

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey, glad you finally got it. Looks Nice! I like that all the Android Shortcut keys work. It's very nice looking and great that it's a dock also. My only complaint is that it's not a case that can hold the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet also. Which means, you have to carry them both separately and I already have a logitech BT keyboard that I can do that with. So I prefer the Kensington BT Keyboard Case I bought, just because it can carry both together on the go, if I need to. I think if it were like the Asus tablets with their accompanying Keyboards, where you can close like a laptop, it would have been more for me. Still a nice looking Keyboard/Dock though. Hope it works for your needs. Thanks for posting the pics and the info.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
... I think if it were like the Asus tablets with their accompanying Keyboards, where you can close like a laptop, it would have been more for me. Still a nice looking Keyboard/Dock though. Hope it works for your needs. Thanks for posting the pics and the info.

I agree Andy. An Asus laptop like folding keyboard charging dock would be best, because it would be even more functional and mobile. I personally don't have a real strong need for a keyboard while on the go around town, but if I were business traveling and wanted to be able to do productive work on the go, I'd be packing this keyboard. Being new to Android and touch screen tablets/phones (upgraded both in the last few months), it forces me to learn the touch screen. I find myself using both the keyboard and touch screen at the same time without a mouse/touch pad. The angle is just right too. This keyboard is really nice quality living up to the Samsung name.

I plan to keep the Note in the dock while using it as a clock and/or picture display AND house phone tied to my Native Union MM03 BT Handset. That way it will be fully charged and ready to go anytime I want to slide it into the zippered Roocase for protected mobile use. Now I just need to keep climbing the Android OS learning curve...

StephanieNguyens

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh my goodness! I've been looking everywhere for this item. I finally came across a seller's page on eBay from China, also. I was wondering which seller you purchased it from because I'm not sure if I should it trust this seller that the item is fully just printed with English letters. I'm hoping it's the same seller I found.

Simplifly

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The link is in post #14; it's BabyTown. Arrived in 8 days with tracking number. I've ordered about 3-5 itemsfrom China now on eBay without having any problems, but I always use PayPal just in case.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I agree Andy. An Asus laptop like folding keyboard charging dock would be best, because it would be even more functional and mobile. I personally don't have a real strong need for a keyboard while on the go around town, but if I were business traveling and wanted to be able to do productive work on the go, I'd be packing this keyboard. Being new to Android and touch screen tablets/phones (upgraded both in the last few months), it forces me to learn the touch screen. I find myself using both the keyboard and touch screen at the same time without a mouse/touch pad. The angle is just right too. This keyboard is really nice quality living up to the Samsung name.

I plan to keep the Note in the dock while using it as a clock and/or picture display AND house phone tied to my Native Union MM03 BT Handset. That way it will be fully charged and ready to go anytime I want to slide it into the zippered Roocase for protected mobile use. Now I just need to keep climbing the Android OS learning curve...

Oh, that would be heaven, to have that kind of dock. I have the Asus TF300 with the dock, with it's extra battery, full size SD card slot and full sized USB port. It folds up like a dream. Well, like a mini notebook pc, actually. Now, if only the tablet itself performed better than it does. The Note is so much faster, smoother, more stable. The Note on that kind of dock would be incredible.

My Asus