S Note imports PDF files with Blank Pages

Downey9762

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
New user, so if this is in the wrong spot please let me know.

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 over Christmas and absolutely love it. I had planned on using it for taking notes in class. However, one of my professor's has uploaded all the lecture notes so that we can download them and just take supplemental notes. I wanted to import these notes into S Note. However, when I try and do that, the PDFs are uploaded with blank pages. I really like the "Productivity" tab in S Note, and would love to take notes (read: doodle) directly on the PDF.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? There was a previous thread dealing with this issue, but it got a little sidetracked when someone pointed out that their S Note application would simply quit when trying to import PDFs. I'm not having that issue, it's just that the PDFs are loaded blank.

I've attached three documents:

- The first, entitled "ME4555_BigPicture_PPT" imports fine.
- The second, entitled "ME4555_SysAnalysisControl_LecNotes_DrJalili_Week1" imports fine for pages 1-3. However, after page 3 all pages are blank.
- Finally, the third document, entitled "ME4555_SysAnalysisControl_Handouts_DrJalili_Week1_Elements" imports as all blank paged.

Let me know if any of you have experienced this issue and know how to fix it.

Attachments

• ME4555_BigPicture_PPT.pdf
    75.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ME4555_SysAnalysisControl_LecNotes_DrJalili_Week1.pdf
    673.4 KB · Views: 14
  • ME4555_SysAnalysisControl_Handouts_DrJalili_Week1_Elements.pdf
    891.8 KB · Views: 6

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Open s note, but do not select a note. Instead go to menu on top right and select import. It will ask you whether you want to import an image or a PDF, select PDF and then go to where you downloaded file and click the file you want. And voila!.

Opened one of your files this way. Downloaded it, followed steps above, found file in download folder, used Polaris office to open it.

Downey9762

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Which file did you try? The issue has been that the PDFs imported are made blank. I know how to import the files in S Note, but they do not get imported correctly. That's the issue I'm having.

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I did the first one. Are you sure you did NOT open a note before you selected import? Also forgot to tell you once it opened, I had to select done for it to go into s note so I could annotate. I will try one of the larger ones, and if I don't say anything more it means I had no trouble.

Downey9762

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I said in the OP that the first one imports fine. I have had NO issues in the actual importing of any files. If you do the second one, make sure that pages 4-15 are properly imported as well. Again, as I've said in each post, I know how to import files, it is just that these files are missing information that appears when opened in other PDF readers.

Ron Johnson 4164

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You''re right. I had same problem I had to use i Annotate PDF, a free app to see & jot notes.
My wife uses EZ PDF to do this, but it's not free..

Last edited:

Benjamin Jie

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
i also encountered the same issue. i tired to rectify it by using pdf software (preview on mac) to export as a separate pdf file (lets call it B). then import new file B using the same method of importing into S note.
i also made a dl to your second file and was able to import and read all the handwritten notes from pg 3 onwards.
i gt what i need and i hope it helps.

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have just released a new slim pdf annotation app that targets those of us who want to annotate while we are reading documents. This app is not for note taking (for those who need that I recommend Papyrus).

My app is the slimmest PDF reader, with pen and marker annotation, I have seen. It is easy to use, and it allows you to annotate and highlight as you read. Exactly as you do on paper. It is extremely easy to switch between the pen and the marker; and to toggle colours.

Also – the app recognizes the difference between your finger and the stylus. Fingers are used to move, zoom and erase. The stylus is used to annotate.

A free version of Stylus Annotator is available on Play. Please try it and rate it.