Galaxy Note as monitor for other devices?

GeorgMaximus

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to send video signals into the Galaxy Note and use the tablet as screen for external device? I have a Nokia N8 phone with HDMI out, and I'm trying to find a way to send the video signal from the N8 to the Note.

Last edited:

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: HDMI into the Galaxy Note?

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy was using his note as a monitor for his camera

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

GeorgMaximus

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

You probably mean the DSLR Controller App, which lets you controll a Canon camera through the Galaxy. It's an awesome product and proves that using the Note as a monitor for other devices shoudn't be all that much of a hazzle.

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

You probably mean the DSLR Controller App, which lets you controll a Canon camera through the Galaxy. It's an awesome product and proves that using the Note as a monitor for other devices shoudn't be all that much of a hazzle.

"As a monitor" would imply that there was some input that would accept a video signal in some standard video format (i.e., HDMI). I'm not sure there is any way to do this w/ the Note. The Canon app is displaying data, not a video stream per se. Another example of this would be a Remote Desktop app - you can 'see' your desktop, and even control it, but that's different than taking the video output of the PC and piping it into the tablet.