Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note as monitor for other devices?

Is it possible to send video signals into the Galaxy Note and use the tablet as screen for external device? I have a Nokia N8 phone with HDMI out, and I'm trying to find a way to send the video signal from the N8 to the Note.
    Last edited by GeorgMaximus; 01-11-2013 at 01:47 AM.

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: HDMI into the Galaxy Note?

I saw a video on YouTube where a guy was using his note as a monitor for his camera

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You probably mean the DSLR Controller App, which lets you controll a Canon camera through the Galaxy. It's an awesome product and proves that using the Note as a monitor for other devices shoudn't be all that much of a hazzle.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgMaximus View Post
    You probably mean the DSLR Controller App, which lets you controll a Canon camera through the Galaxy. It's an awesome product and proves that using the Note as a monitor for other devices shoudn't be all that much of a hazzle.
    "As a monitor" would imply that there was some input that would accept a video signal in some standard video format (i.e., HDMI). I'm not sure there is any way to do this w/ the Note. The Canon app is displaying data, not a video stream per se. Another example of this would be a Remote Desktop app - you can 'see' your desktop, and even control it, but that's different than taking the video output of the PC and piping it into the tablet.