Onenote but with stylus?

johnny5dime

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Is there any apps like onenote that I can use a stylus with? All the apps I've tryed dont have the organizing abilities I want. With a notes I would have to make a new page every 10seconds and can't organize chapters in different classes.

Any idea

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I also use One Note and noted somewhere that the Samsung keyboard would allow usage of the pen. Anyway, installed Lecture Notes last night. Give it a try.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 100002

Yes you can use your S-Pen with OneNote...at least on the Galaxy Note II. I can't use my S-Pen on my Note 10.1. But I think that will change when I get JB on my Note 10.1. I'm running JB 4.1.1 on my Note II.

I also use One Note and noted somewhere that the Samsung keyboard would allow usage of the pen. Anyway, installed Lecture Notes last night. Give it a try.

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It works on the 10.1 Note. Samsung keyboard, choose pen input.

I'm new to the Note and missing something... How do I select Pen input from the Samsung keyboard (just updated to JB, btw)? (I'm actually trying to get this to work w/ Evernote, but haven't seen that option in any writing app...). Thanks!

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Select the Samsung keyboard, long press the key to the left (microphone on it), whilst holding down the available options are displayed.

bacchus224

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have to say that the lack of clear information about the S Pen input mode on the Samsung keyboard may be the biggest shortcoming of the Note 10.1. I read the S Note introduction documents and the only S Pen functions that it talked about were the productivity tools. I found S Note, using the productivity tools writing-to-text function so cumbersome that I was on the verge of returning the Note. It was while reading this forum that I found a video describing the use of the Samsung Keyboard S Pen input. That one video alone saved this device for me. I realize that nothing comes with a user manual anymore, but having to rely on what is essentially word of mouth information to learn the basic, and valuable, features of the product just doesn't seem smart to me.

Edit: Here is a link to the thread that saved me:

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-10-1/202997-taking-notes.html

(OK, How do I make the link live?)

Last edited:

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Select the Samsung keyboard, long press the key to the left (microphone on it), whilst holding down the available options are displayed.
Excellent! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent! Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent! Thanks!

DJmz91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 now comes with Jelly Bean 4.1, does anyone know if the S-pen still works on Microsoft OneNote? I want to buy the 10.1 for college but want to make sure this feature is available.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
With the Samsung keyboard you can use the stylus. One Note is installed on my 2 tablets and Note 2, and rarely is it used. I do wish other applications sync 'd as efficiently.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

DJmz91

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
With the Samsung keyboard you can use the stylus. One Note is installed on my 2 tablets and Note 2, and rarely is it used. I do wish other applications sync 'd as efficiently.

If I use the stylus with through the keyboard would it automatically turn it into text? I know that's how it works for my Galaxy S3 phone. I want to have the option of keeping the handwriting or turn it into text on the OneNote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34