How to download Adobe Flash Player?

ValYooNeek

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks bluzman! You're right about the netflix app...believe it or not, the app was preloaded and I just didn't see it. Overall I can't complain about the process of getting flash on my tablet. A part of me is afraid that I going to damage my first expensive tablet by downloading or opening it up to possibly a virus. So, thank you and the forum for all your great advice and expertise. I know I'll get many hours of fun and entertainment from my the opportunity to watch videos, movies and tv on my tablet! By the way, do you have any advice on troubleshooting video chat through google+ using galaxy note 10.1? I know that if anyone knows how to solve the problem, you can!

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks bluzman! You're right about the netflix app...believe it or not, the app was preloaded and I just didn't see it. Overall I can't complain about the process of getting flash on my tablet. A part of me is afraid that I going to damage my first expensive tablet by downloading or opening it up to possibly a virus. So, thank you and the forum for all your great advice and expertise. I know I'll get many hours of fun and entertainment from my the opportunity to watch videos, movies and tv on my tablet! By the way, do you have any advice on troubleshooting video chat through google+ using galaxy note 10.1? I know that if anyone knows how to solve the problem, you can!
You're welcome. If you're worried about viruses or malware, there are several free apps (AVG, Avast, etc.) in the Play Store to address that. As for Google+, I'm not the person with the answers despite your kind words - I don't do social media. Guess I'm a dinosaur in that domain. LOL. Hopefully someone who is savvy about that area will jump in and help you. Just a suggestion - try posting outside this thread and you'll probably have better luck getting the help you need.

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

Google+ Hangouts video chat may still be blocked if either you or the person on the other end are trying to transmit over an AT&T (Not sure if you have the 3G version of the Note 10.1).
If all parties are connecting over a decent wifi network, then there should not be a problem theoretically. I have found that most public wifi access has just enough speed and signal strength to surf the Web and check your email. Anything that involves streaming content will be intermittent at best.

By the way, you need not worry too much about viruses/malware at this point as long as you get all your apps directly from the Play Store and you have your Unknown Sources box unchecked under Settings/Security/Device Management. As bluzman mentioned there are several good apps for the purposes of protection from malware. I prefer Lookout Mobile Security.

Google will be coming out with a new Device Manager app in the next month that will allow you to track your device and wipe it remotely for free should it become lost or stolen. This is currently a paid premium feature in apps like Lookout (which is really the main reason I use Lookout).

djkimble

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Bluzman. I was ready to return my Note tablet if I couldn't watch videos, but your instructions helped me install Flash. From all the other posts I've seen about this subject, I don't know if there will be some video formats I won't be able to view, but by installing the archived Flash player per your instructions, I can now view videos from a horse training web-site to which I subscribe to have access to their videos. Thanks for your help!

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does this hold true with an Android cellphone?
Yes, but when you go to the link in Post #2 make sure you select the latest version of Flash that corresponds to the version of the Android operating system (2,x, 3.x or 4.x) that is installed on the phone.

Thanks, Bluzman. I was ready to return my Note tablet if I couldn't watch videos, but your instructions helped me install Flash. From all the other posts I've seen about this subject, I don't know if there will be some video formats I won't be able to view, but by installing the archived Flash player per your instructions, I can now view videos from a horse training web-site to which I subscribe to have access to their videos. Thanks for your help!
You're welcome. Enjoy

How do I launch it once I download it
If you're asking how to install the app then, assuming that you downloaded it into your Download folder, use the built-in MyFiles app (or any other file explorer app you may have/prefer) to open that folder and select the .apk file you downloaded. That will install it.

shane ash

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tollowed the instructions but after installing via the .apk file I'm told a plugin is needed, and videos still wont play. Any ideas?

GN 10.1 btw.

Meegii

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've tollowed the instructions but after installing via the .apk file I'm told a plugin is needed, and videos still wont play. Any ideas?

GN 10.1 btw.
My galaxy SIV has android 4.2.2. does'nt work on this version flash player.on android 4.1no problem.anybody can install on 4.2.2?????

MsLynne1990

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Didnt work. I installed it. I have it but when I try to do my school work which requires specifically adobe flash player cause my homework is all online but I cant do any of it cause its still saying I need adobe flash player....but I have it. Im so upset

BuckeyeKT

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I found the flash player but when I click it to download all I get is a "now downloading". Does it ever finish? Where does it go?
- galaxy 2 10.1 user

LeoKanes

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Bluzman you seem to be the person to go to lol. I'm trying to do my fantasy football draft and I keep getting told that I need adobe, guessing the app doesn't count. Sorry if this has come up before I'm new here.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I found the flash player but when I click it to download all I get is a "now downloading". Does it ever finish? Where does it go?
- galaxy 2 10.1 user
Try downloading it again. It should, unless you've changed the default, be in a file named Download. Use the built-in file explorer, MyFiles, to go there.

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Bluzman you seem to be the person to go to lol. I'm trying to do my fantasy football draft and I keep getting told that I need adobe, guessing the app doesn't count. Sorry if this has come up before I'm new here.
Adobe Flash? Abobe Reader? What specific Adobe app is being requested? If it's Flash, all I can suggest is that you follow the method in post #2 and see how that works out. As for your fantasy football draft, I take NO responsibility for your choices. LOL

BuckeyeKT

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading it again. It should, unless you've changed the default, be in a file named Download. Use the built-in file explorer, MyFiles, to go there.

Thanks bluzman. I was using the browser on the tab so I got te firefox browser and used that to download it and now im enjoying some videos:D

bluzman

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome. Also, if you read the note from Adobe at the website where you downloaded, you'll see that there will be no more updates.

zahidk18

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
thanks a lot blazman. bought a galaxy tab for my wife and after installing everything she told me that she cant watch online tv and then found out that i need flash player what doesnt support my device. almost lost hope until i found this forum. on android 4 latest version didnt work for me so i had to install the one before. now all good..
really thank you once again