Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to download Adobe Flash Player?

Hello everyone! I'm new here

I need help. I got myself for Christmas a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB and I love it. But I don't know what's wrong that I can't watch netflix or other series from their website like cwtv.com or abc.go.com. When I tried to download adobe flash player it says that my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 does not support it...is that true?

Default Re: How to download Adobe Flash Player?

Go here: Archived Flash Player versions
    Scroll down to Section titled "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and download latest archived version (11.1.115.81 as of 9/12/13).
    Transfer the .apk file to the Download folder on your Note 10.1 and launch it to install it.
    Go to your app page, find the Flash icon and launch the app.

[EDIT]
    Inserted latest version number
    [EDIT]
    If you get a message that install is blocked for security reasons because app isn't from Play Store, go to Settings>Security>Device Administration>Unknown Sources and check that box.

Should be GTG
    Last edited by bluzman; 09-13-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Thanked by 56:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Have you done this? Did it work.
    I am a bit disappointed that the tablet does not support flash.
    One of the reason I bought this tablet was because the salesperson assured me it supported flash
    well...he lied.
    cannot access many apps that actually need flash
    Thanked by:
    DNS333 likes this.

It works. I did it. And no android device supports Flash any more. Some people use the Foxfire browser to get Flash.
    Thanked by 2:
    ishore and househom like this.

Flash download with the stock browser works. It will not work with Chrome; no flash with Chrome.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by ashnmar View Post
    It supports Flash.
    Flash just doesn't officially support it or any Jellybean device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ashnmar View Post
    Have you done this? Did it work.
    One of the reason I bought this tablet was because the salesperson assured me it supported flash
    well...he lied.
    cannot access many apps that actually need flash
    Yes and Yes. Salesperson didn't lie but didn't tell you (may not have known) that Flash is not pre-installed. Also, what Lanhoj said above is true as is the fact that Chrome doesn't support Flash but most other browsers (including the stock one) do.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I don't understand how to make Flash work. I followed the steps listed above for installing Flash, and I have version 11.1 installed, but if I try to watch anything on Hulu I get an error message saying Hulu is not supported on my platform. I've tried using the stock browser and the Firefox browser and am not able to view any Flash video through either.

I did this for my Nexus but had to install Boat Browser from the play store. Once it installed, I went onto Boats settings and enabled flash as always on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    bart cezar likes this.

Global Posts
    2,849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock EL29

Right on! Works on my JB 4.1.2 Note 10.1

Thanks for the link!

Also, I can run this on Dolphin Browser as well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |

The post right above this tells how to get flash. ^^^^^ twixx33 shows how.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Another Day in Paradise !

I just bought a galaxy note 10.1, I can say that is a hell of machine. except for the OS . My tablet came already with the new Android 4.1.2 jelly bean.
    The new OS has been a nightmare as most apps are displaying a message "isnt compatible"! flash player forget about already try all gouges and it didn't work. Other thing is using the email app, keep showing emails with question mark all over with writing between.
    Does any one here knows how to solve those issues on email,flash and incompatibility of some apps? Is all related on flash pulling the plug ?
    Thank you for any advice, I'm new on android OS, and is getting little frustrated not being able to see a litlle thing as such email in full body.

So dumb question I know but if I already have adobe reader I need to uninstall it before I install the flash player?

Last edited by kicksbutt; 02-24-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksbutt View Post
    So dumb question I know but if I already have adobe reader I need to uninstall it before I install the flash player?

Nope, has no effect on Reader.

I followed your directions, Bluzman, and installed the archived version. When I opened the 'Download Folder' and selected the Adobe Flash Player 11.1, I received this message: Install blocked - for security reasons, your tablet is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Google Play." Now what should I do????

Quote Originally Posted by ladyb04 View Post
    I followed your directions, Bluzman, and installed the archived version. When I opened the 'Download Folder' and selected the Adobe Flash Player 11.1, I received this message: Install blocked - for security reasons, your tablet is set to block installation of applications not obtained from Google Play." Now what should I do????
    Go to Settings>Security>Device Administration>Unknown Sources and check that box. That should unblock the installation. FWIW, I usually leave that box checked but if you're not comfortable with that, go back and remove the checkmark after you install Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by badsign769 View Post
    I don't understand how to make Flash work. I followed the steps listed above for installing Flash, and I have version 11.1 installed, but if I try to watch anything on Hulu I get an error message saying Hulu is not supported on my platform. I've tried using the stock browser and the Firefox browser and am not able to view any Flash video through either.
    That's because they know you are on a mobile device. It doesn't matter if you install flash or not. They block non pc devices and force you to pay for Hulu Plus. There are work around that involve streaming it through a pc 1st. Look into Plex for that. Works and it's $5 for life.

hey bluzman....thank you. that worked out great for my acer iconia a201 tablet. now I have to get my s3....thanx again.
    ankw16 likes this.

I have followed your instructions. After downloading I installed it thru the download folder. It then opens up in a browser and gives the settings for local settings and peer assisted network settings, made these settings and closed the browser. I get the same result if I open the app from the apps menu using the flash icon. If I try to play flash I get the no flash player installed. What have I done wrong ? I have a galaxy note 10.1 with jelly bean. File is there and app is there but it will not play flash.

Adobe Flash Player is the standard Flash player that allows you to view media content on the Web using many browsers (Chrome doesn't support Flash and perhaps there are others that don't as well). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that the implementation for phones and tablets is meant to be a "stand-alone" player.

I am thrilled! I love you! I felt ripped off with my new tablet that I love everything else about. Thank you thank you THANK YOU!

Thank you, it worked for me also. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath and follow the instructions as noted above and it'll install and function no problem. Galaxy Note 10.1
    ramalinggam19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bluzman View Post
    Adobe Flash Player is the standard Flash player that allows you to view media content on the Web using many browsers (Chrome doesn't support Flash and perhaps there are others that don't as well). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that the implementation for phones and tablets is meant to be a "stand-alone" player.
    Interesting to note, (see what I did there), there are a few games that I had played that require flash. Whack your boss being one of them. When I 1st went to play it on my Note 10.1 it told me flash player was required. Then I was like, oops I forgot I haven't installed flash yet lol. So there are other applications that require it that may not be known to everyone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!
    bluzman likes this.

^ Good point.

Hi

Thanks for this. What if it says: no device administrator available under Device Administration when the message popped up saying blocked for security reasons?
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast