whats after Jelly Bean?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Given that the US market appears to be that last place Samsung will release updates I was wondering what the next Android OS release will be and if anyone has any idea when it may become available.

I'm seriously considering dumping the unsupported Note 10.1 and am wanting to know what may be on the horizon.

After Jellybean is done? Key Lime Pie is rumored to be next.

avenuePad

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's it. After Jelly Bean Google is stopping all development of Android. *tongue firmly in cheek* :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That's it. After Jelly Bean Google is stopping all development of Android. *tongue firmly in cheek* :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

...... What did I just read....? Then..... Who will keep android alive...? :eek:

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Wait...are people going to be griping, "where's Key Lime Pie. Hey, what's the hold up?" now? Dibs on when the first thread begins...

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Meanwhile, the upgrade progressing through my Kies app is going so slowly (about 85 seconds per percentage point), that Key Lime Pie will probably be rolling out by the time it's done.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So JB has only been downloaded for most of us for about 3 hours and you are already wondering what's next? Yeah, you should dump this tablet and go for something else. We don't need this little Note 10.1 community full of people impossible to please. Have you even played with the new JB features yet or did you just skip all of that in order to come here and complain?

To answer the first part of your question, the Premium Suite upgrade should be next. But you wont want to wait the few weeks that it will take to get it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Legal you have been around long enough to know that 3 hours until a thread like this pops up is a long time.

I really hope that no one is seriously anxious for an upgrade that is three months away from announcement let alone roll out

Sent from the nexus of the Android world, the SGS3.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So JB has only been downloaded for most of us for about 3 hours and you are already wondering what's next? Yeah, you should dump this tablet and go for something else. We don't need this little Note 10.1 community full of people impossible to please. Have you even played with the new JB features yet or did you just skip all of that in order to come here and complain?

To answer the first part of your question, the Premium Suite upgrade should be next. But you wont want to wait the few weeks that it will take to get it.
No, LA. Premium Suite came with today's JB upgrade. People have to start right in demanding Key Lime Pie. Right now! Me, I'm looking ahead. I want the Lemonade upgrade. Hey! Where's my Lemonade???? What's taking so long?

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
By the way...no, I don't know that the next OS - wait, I mean the next, next OS - is going to be named Lemonade. I made it up. It's an 'L' name. It may be Licorice Stick, for all I know. Actually, Licorice Stick is pretty good. They should use that. I just hope when they get to P, they name it Pez Dispenser.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify my earlier post, I wasn't suggesting people dump the note at all. I tend to update to newer devices about every two years so the next update for me would likely just mean buying a new device. I doubt Samsung will have the unannounced and unreleased Key Lime Pie ready for the 10.1 tab in the next year and a half. If down the road maybe a year from now Samsung came out with a Note 10.1 II with a high res screen and that new Exynos 5 Octa (whatever the heck it is) they could just crack my wallet and take what they like.

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I was hoping he was just goofing around, playing the part. I'm still holding out hope that's the case. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Yes, I'm just kidding. There's no way Google would stop a revenue like this anytime soon. :p:thumbup:

**GO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN - I.Guy*

sent from my N7, using Tapatalk HD

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify my earlier post, I wasn't suggesting people dump the note at all. I tend to update to newer devices about every two years so the next update for me would likely just mean buying a new device. I doubt Samsung will have the unannounced and unreleased Key Lime Pie ready for the 10.1 tab in the next year and a half. If down the road maybe a year from now Samsung came out with a Note 10.1 II with a high res screen and that new Exynos 5 Octa (whatever the heck it is) they could just crack my wallet and take what they like.

Everything you said here is valid. However it is completely opposite of the first post in terms of your willingness to just enjoy what you have. It's a shame when we can't even enjoy what is RIGHT in front of us because we're too preoccupied with what might come next. Let's enjoy this JB for a few months before we start talking about "dumping" the Note 10.1. It has only been out for 5 months! If you update every two years or so, you still have 19 months with this amazing device. Enjoy it!

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, Mike. I'm such a device junkie (see my sig line) that I start jonesin' at the mere hint of The Next New Thing (!!), even though I think my Note is an incredible device, and, God know, I should be satisfied with all that I already have.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Everything you said here is valid. However it is completely opposite of the first post in terms of your willingness to just enjoy what you have. It's a shame when we can't even enjoy what is RIGHT in front of us because we're too preoccupied with what might come next. Let's enjoy this JB for a few months before we start talking about "dumping" the Note 10.1. It has only been out for 5 months! If you update every two years or so, you still have 19 months with this amazing device. Enjoy it!

oh absolutely. I'm really enjoying my Note. Every time I pull out the s-pen I know I made the right choice over other tablets.